Flag of Laos additions

Laos additions forum

Savannakhet Rocks, info Savanxokxai Bar Check this out.....

• Mr_Wilson

Joined Travelfish
    16th July, 2007

Hot new ticket for Savannakhet, great info and Lao and western food plus incredible info at this new restaurant Savanxokxia. After traveling in Vietnam for a month Laos was such a refreshing change second day here and I stumbled on this looking for a lonely Planet recommendation (its behind Rendezvous Café in front of a Chinese school across from the old church) heard killer music coming out this little joint and this Australian that runs the place pulled me in. Turns out him and a Lao woman run the place just opened up he’s lived there for 8years, Set me up with great info on the area ended up around there for two weeks. I gotta say I love Lao food but I kept coming back for these great “Hot Dogs” and the music and conversation was a major plus check this out.Did a great trip out to see the Ho Chi Mihn trail unreal what's left out there makes you really think about what the Laos had to go through during the war. Villages of houses built on cluster bomb casings great people love Lao PDR

#1 Posted: 16/7/2007 - 12:40

• Advertisement

• Rufus

Joined Travelfish
    22nd April, 2007
    Location Laos

"Address: Savanxokxai restaurant, Current Owner: Brian Wilson"

How is your restaurant going Brian? Is the free advertising here and on the Lonely Planet forum helping?

#2 Posted: 17/7/2007 - 05:57

• kanom

Joined Travelfish
    20th March, 2005
    Location Thailand

I woill be heading there soon. Does this place still exist?

#3 Posted: 12/7/2011 - 12:19

• MADMAC

Joined Travelfish
    6th June, 2009
    Total reviews: 10

Caught with his hand in the cookie jar. Well, if you ain't cheatin' you ain't trying. Good luck Mr Wilson.

#4 Posted: 12/7/2011 - 12:25

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.