Photo: Classic scenery surrounds Vang Vieng.

Laos additions forum

crossing the vietnam border

Posted by funtony on 22/4/2008 at 21:55

hi, can any one help with information on whats the cheapest way to go from laos into vietnam,and which is the nearest town to the border crossing on both sides, does one have to pay to actually go across the border crossing, and can it be done on foot.Many thanks.does anybody know the cheapest town to visit that are tourist free and safe.

#1 funtony has been a member since 22/4/2008. Posts: 2

Posted by somtam2000 on 23/4/2008 at 08:39 admin

There are multiple (at least six) crossings between the two countries. Without more information from you, I can't answer your question!

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,436
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by funtony on 23/4/2008 at 22:52

Thanks,I would like to end up in saigon,so the nearest border to that would be good ,we intend to go through laos and stay in a town near the border for a day or two as long as its got bars and somewhere to eat.I Dont suppose you know how much it would cost to fly from saigon to nah trang.Thanks.

#3 funtony has been a member since 22/4/2008. Posts: 2

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.