Photo: Classic scenery surrounds Vang Vieng.

Laos additions forum

Maly Hotel, Phonsawan - Plain of Jars

Posted by peachbanana on 27/8/2008 at 14:04

It's a good deal if you're looking for great food of the town, nice room and friendly staff. The price is more expensive than other places in Phonsawan but you can get a very good deal if you go there during low season! My boyfriend and I were very happy staying there for 2 days before heading to Nhong Hat to cross to Vietnam border. They also provide tour service to vist plain of jars, but you can check it out with other tour agency as well.

#1 peachbanana has been a member since 27/8/2008. Posts: 6

Posted by klaralotte on 21/9/2008 at 14:00

HI peachbanana,

I would like to book some rooms for a small group at Maly Hotel, but the e-mail address on their web site is not working. Do you maybe have some contact how I can reach them by mail?

thanks a lot in advance
Charlotte

#2 klaralotte has been a member since 8/8/2008. Posts: 4

Posted by peachbanana on 23/9/2008 at 19:53

Hi Charlotte,

I have their phone number and e-mail, but they are the same as on website. I think maybe you better call them and ask for the activate email. I was a walk-in guest when I was there. I am sorry, I couldn't help on this, but if there is some other things I can help, please ask.

Cheers,
Peach

#3 peachbanana has been a member since 27/8/2008. Posts: 6

Posted by klaralotte on 23/9/2008 at 20:13

Thanks a lot anyway, I think I will call them once we already arrived in Laos,

have a good time
Charlotte

#4 klaralotte has been a member since 8/8/2008. Posts: 4

Posted by Cocodrilo on 3/11/2008 at 16:13

That hotel has no heating and no hot water as well, even for $25 per night single rooms. Myself and a few other guests I spoke to froze out butts off as the temperatures were sub-zero in December. The dining area was not heated either. There are plenty of other places in town that have heating and hot water. Food in the central area was cheap and amazing. Can't say that about the dinner I had at Maly.

#5 Cocodrilo has been a member since 17/7/2008. Posts: 5

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.