Another file - information I got from Mr. Tia from Nong Kiaow Cinema up was this this. Whay should you stay longer up there....
Why should I stay longer in Nong Khiau, Nong Kiaow?
Congratulation, you have arrived at a magnificent place but could not find any further information about it…yes, this is Nong Khiau, Nong Kiaow!!! Neglected by many guide books hardly anyone knows about this truly unique place which offers so much more than you would expect.
You have made plans to go to Muang Ngoi, the last secret for backpackers??
…Then you will follow the crowd. As, since Lonely Planet and others have told the world about it, an uncontrolled growth has taken place. Don’t get us wrong…Muang Ngoi still a wonderful spot and certainly an easy going place, surely worth going to!!
Why not explore something others have not seen?
Why not tell a story that others won’t tell?
Nong Khiau, Nong Kiaow has remained off the beaten track for the last few years being known simply as a stop in the road. Spend a night and go…you might say! Activities were hard to arrange just the obligatory cave visit was on the schedule. We and the government think this is a pity!!! We believe most people who come here are not “tourists”, they are a travelers! Travelers want to explore the new, the untouched…don’t you? Let us tell you, go on tour and stay another day…
• The activities offered were first scouted in October 2008, it’s truly new!
• Nong Khiau has amazing mountains and untouched nature to discover
• Tours with a unique touch (100 waterfalls, mountain view tour…) are offered
• We have places that others have not seen, you are one of the fist
• Nong Khiau offers sustainable tours that profit the local communities you visit
• Through tours the people can generate a higher income than through other work
• Our company and the district government have created new job opportunities
• You automatically help if you go on a trip: 2,-USD p.p. go into a village fund
• Now you have something to write or tell about which hardly anyone has seen
Enjoy your stay and if you have no time to go on tour, just tell other travelers!!
#1 marakusch has been a member since 4/4/2007. Posts: 22