Flag of Laos additions

Laos additions forum

New and Underpriced in Luang Prabang

• alohafromjo-
    hn

Joined Travelfish
    11th December, 2008

I've just finished a very enjoyable two week stay in Luang Prabang, Laos. It was my first visit, and I was lucky enough to find a room at a newly opened hotel, Le Bel Air. The hotel is in a beautiful setting on the banks of the Nam Khan River just accross the "old bridge" from the town.

It's super-cozy with just 10 units and an easy 15 minute walk to the center of town or 5 minutes on the complementary bicycles; a great trade for the peaceful countryside atmosphere. The grounds are beautiful and well kept. The staff is very friendly and eager to please.

The room rate, $60, was much lower than comparable hotels in town and included a wonderful complementary breakfast...a choice of Lao or made to order "American" style. The bacon was the best I've had in my 3 months in Asia, and the outdoor dining area overlooking the garden and the river beyond was a super way to start the day.

They serve a very good Lao menu for lunch and dinner. I met several people who just stopped for an aftenoon drink in the garden. The comfortable chaises were a great place for an afternoon of reading, napping or just watching the river go by.

There were so many pleasant surprises I don't know where to start. The room was a comfortable, nicely furnished, lots of space for hanging clothes, and soft cotton robes that even fit my 6 foot frame. The bathroom was spacious, modern and well equipped...with a huge tub. The bed was comfortable with soft linens and a real down comforter!

For a few extra dollars, the private bungalows are a real deal. Spacious, well appointed, a private varanda and lots of light.

I'm beginning to sound like a travel writer...did I mention the free airport shuttle service and free WiFi? So suffice to say that for under $75 per night, this is a great place to stay that I would definately visit again and again. It's so much nicer to wake to the sound of a rooster than a motor bike or delivery truck!

www.lebelair.com

#1 Posted: 11/12/2008 - 13:31

• Advertisement

• brucemoon

Click here to learn more about brucemoon
    Joined Travelfish
    27th December, 2008
    Location Australia
    Total reviews: 6

Gee, for that price it'd have to be gold plated...

#2 Posted: 30/12/2008 - 07:50

• weiwei22

Joined Travelfish
    12th January, 2009

Somehow the website doesn't seem to work, does anyone know how to book directly with the hotel?

Is agoda the best online booking option?

#3 Posted: 12/1/2009 - 21:12

• chrispyrolls

Click here to learn more about chrispyrolls
    Joined Travelfish
    2nd November, 2006
    Location United Kingdom
    Total reviews: 4

this one works:

http://www.lebelairhotels.com/boutique-resort.htm

#4 Posted: 13/1/2009 - 03:26

• weiwei22

Joined Travelfish
    12th January, 2009

it does! thank you!

#5 Posted: 13/1/2009 - 11:00

• wanderingcat

Joined Travelfish
    21st October, 2006
    Total reviews: 4
    Places visited:
    At least 67

someone's experience at this place:
    http://puss-inheels.blogspot.com/2009/01/travelslaos-hello-luang-prabang.html

#6 Posted: 16/1/2009 - 09:50

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Flights from Chiang Mai to Luang Prabang & Luang Prabang to Hanoi(V'nam)? ... By aussieboonmar on 8 Mar 2006 7 9596 19 Aug 2011