Flag of Laos additions

Laos additions forum

Luang Prabang - SpicyLaos Backpackers

• flopsydaisy

Joined Travelfish
    3rd September, 2008

I've been staying at SpicyLaos Backpackers for a week now and finding it increasingly difficult to leave. I've had the best experience here so far.

In the past week, I've been on a trip to the Waterfalls. Was taken to a local Wat for an Introductory talk on Buddhism and Monk life by the Hostel's director, Pong. We've been to a local Lao BBQ. We've had a hostel bbq and cocktail night. We've had a in Introduction to Laos history and culture, again by Pong. And we've been on a wood-collecting trip to the jungle to collect dead trees for fire wood with local Lao people, eating fresh Lao food by the river.

Spicylaos offers such good value for money. You get a free breakfast, free hot drinks all day, free internet and Wifi, hot showers, an honesty fridge, on-site laundry and the hugest TV I've seen in a hostel! All this, plus a great, chilled-out atmosphere and the chance to meet lots of fellow travellers. For only 70,000kip a night, this a real treat.

Highly recommended.

www.spicythaibackers.com

#1 Posted: 14/12/2008 - 18:14

• Advertisement

• brucemoon

Click here to learn more about brucemoon
    Joined Travelfish
    27th December, 2008
    Location Australia
    Total reviews: 6

flopsydaisy

That's a dud link.

Got another?

cheers

#2 Posted: 30/12/2008 - 07:52

• mattocmd

Joined Travelfish
    13th June, 2007
    Location United States

dorms are a bit pricey

#3 Posted: 30/12/2008 - 09:46

• wigboy

Joined Travelfish
    12th December, 2006

Here is their new website addy for Thailand and Laos:

http://www.spicyhostels.com/

#4 Posted: 31/12/2008 - 00:44

• flopsydaisy

Joined Travelfish
    3rd September, 2008

Sorry about the dud link...

The dorm prices are a little bit higher but you get so much for your money. I think it' definitely worth it.

You get free breakfast, free hot drinks 24 hours a day, free internet access, free wifi, plus it has such a community atmosphere with Pong,the director, always rallying the backpackers together, taking them out and giving great talks. I have made so many great friends here and learnt so much more about the city and the country from hanging out with the locals.

Totally worth the extra dollar.

#5 Posted: 31/12/2008 - 06:32

• brucemoon

Click here to learn more about brucemoon
    Joined Travelfish
    27th December, 2008
    Location Australia
    Total reviews: 6

flopsydaisy

Being a retired couple, we enjoy the 'comaraderie' of hostels. For us, spicyhostels at Chiang Mai looks great as it has a double ensuite room. Not so, LP (so sad).

cheers anyway

#6 Posted: 31/12/2008 - 07:31

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Flights from Chiang Mai to Luang Prabang & Luang Prabang to Hanoi(V'nam)? ... By aussieboonmar on 8 Mar 2006 7 9476 19 Aug 2011