Flag of Laos additions

Laos additions forum

Avalon Hotel - Vientiane

• austral31

Joined Travelfish
    10th January, 2009
    Total reviews: 3

The Avalon Hotel has recently opened in Vientiane with prices starting at $15 per night for a single room with air con but no TV. I stayed here for a week and found the staff to be very kind and helpful, the beds to be the most comfortable I have had in Laos and was the 1st place in a month in Laos and 3 weeks in Vietnam to have a shower recess. There is also free wifi in the rooms (the speed is decent), breakfast included in the room price and they don't charge a commission for using visa. They speak English and French overall is a great choice for a flashpacker!!

#1 Posted: 9/2/2009 - 13:37

• Advertisement

• amazon_blon-
    de

Joined Travelfish
    20th December, 2008
    Total reviews: 9

I can second this recommendation. We're currently in Vientiane and found out about the new Avalon Hotel via TripAdvisor. We're paying $30 USD for a nice room (though a bit small) with fridge, cable tv, proper shower (with a glass shower door of all small miracles!), breakfast, good wifi, etc. They are located a few blocks north of the Mekong on Rue Phnom Penh, not far from the National Stadium. wwww.avalonbooking.com

#2 Posted: 11/2/2009 - 15:03

• TS77

Joined Travelfish
    5th September, 2009
    Total reviews: 9

Used this hotel in early June as all Rough Guide recommendations full up - likewise would definitely recommend.

#3 Posted: 5/9/2009 - 00:47

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.