Photo: Classic scenery surrounds Vang Vieng.

Laos additions forum

Vang Vieng budget "camping" resort

Posted by neil1953 on 29/10/2009 at 00:04

If you are looking for an alternative experience to the "tubing, drinking and loud music" scene most associated with Vang Vieng then check out this new, cheap, and simply natural resort at:

http:neilsgardenofedenlaos.yolasite.com/

#1 neil1953 has been a member since 20/10/2009. Posts: 1

Posted by somsai on 29/10/2009 at 01:49

Hi Neil,

Your camping guest house must win the prize for cheapness, 1000 kip translates to about what? Eleven cents US? Or is that a typo?

#2 somsai has been a member since 1/3/2006. Location: United States. Posts: 567

Posted by christhetraveller on 17/11/2009 at 21:29

its actually 10,000 which is a little over a dollar... i did this for nearly 3 weeks and it was amazing. you get to see the true side of laos that not many people get to witness. the set up is excellent, free mozi nets, hammocks, cooking pot/pans and as much scenery and fresh air as you can take. it was a shock to the sytem returning to beer fuelled busy Vang vieng centre.

neil arranges very cheap transfers to the land where you stop at a local market en-route to pick up fresh fruit and food to cook on the open fire. then i just sat back for days watching the locals fish in the river and farmers tend to there fields.......i even planted some vegies of my own and will be back in a few months to hopefully munch the fresh sweetcorn!

i recommend this if only for a coupe of days, or weeks!! its guaranteed to get you relaxed ... thanks for as great stay neil and the dog!

#3 christhetraveller has been a member since 17/11/2009. Posts: 1

Posted by neilenolix on 17/7/2015 at 07:31

Hi, This is Neil who runs the camping site. Unfortunately I have forgotten the login for my Yola website so I now have a facebook page called Vang Vieng Camping Community. The campsite is closed over the wet season but will be opening again in October 2015. Please check out the facebook site for up to date information . You can also e mail me for bookings at neilfarmiloe@gmail.com.

See you soon
Cheers
Neil

#4 neilenolix has been a member since 2/8/2006. Location: Laos. Posts: 5
 Website   Facebook  

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.