Photo: Classic scenery surrounds Vang Vieng.

Laos additions forum

New Guesthouse Manichan in Luang Prabang

Posted by manichanguesthouse on 31/10/2009 at 23:56

Hallo, I'm Peter from Belgium and I live in Luang Prabang. Recently we have opened a new guesthouse, centrally located, in a "Lao-Colonial" style house with wooden floors and homey feel, comfortable rooms. Private and shared bathrooms with hot, separated showers. Free "garden" coffee corner. Chill out balcony with city view. Low season : $7–15, high season : $12–30 (included breakfast buffet). Air-con optional : $4. Take a look at our website : www.manichanguesthouse.com

#1 manichanguesthouse has been a member since 31/10/2009. Posts: 1

Posted by jak702 on 2/11/2009 at 10:01

I have been through Luang Prabang several times now and stayed in numerous guesthouses throughout my travels and Manichan Guesthouse is a solid option. It has beautiful old hardwood floors and doors and a good ambiance. I prefer to stay in the upstairs rooms with shared bathroom because the price is a little cheaper, and it’s basically a private bathroom anyways (I’ve never had to wait to use it thus far.) Also, the bathroom is very classy and large, much nicer than anything else you could expect to pay 7-12 dollars for in Luang Prabang (low season price.) There is breakfast for about 3.00 US and you get generous portions of eggs, fresh fruit, muesli, tea, coffee, and fresh baguette (also much better value than you could expect at a typical restaurant.) The guesthouse is located in a perfect location, about a one minute walk from the Mekong River and right in the centre of Luang Prabang. This guesthouse is perfect if you’re not looking to break the bank but still desire quality. Highly reccomended.

#2 jak702 has been a member since 30/3/2008. Posts: 1

Posted by daawgon on 20/1/2011 at 02:58

I also stayed several nights at the Manichan when I was in LP in November 2010, and enjoyed it very much. A very clean and comfortable GH in the center of town - could not ask for a more convenient location or nicer people. Peter's gourmet breakfasts are quite something to look forward to - I especially liked the 3 types of homemade jams (the tamarind was really great!)

#3 daawgon has been a member since 17/4/2007. Posts: 1,093

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.