Flag of Malaysia

Malaysia forum

Please could you check my itinerary?

• kitsune

Joined Travelfish
    10th April, 2010

Hello! I'm off next month for two months to SE Asia on my own. I'm planning to visit Vietnam, Camboya, Laos, Thailand, Malayasia y Singapur. Could you please check my Malaysia itinerary? Thanks!

47 22-jun Vientaine - KUL
    48 23-jun Kuala Lumpur
    49 24-jun Kuala Lumpur (Batu Caves)
    50 25-jun Kuala Lumpur - Jerantut - Kuala Tembeling Jetty - Taman Negara
    51 26-jun Taman Negara
    52 27-jun Taman Negara
    53 28-jun Jerantut - Kuala tahan - Kota Bharu - Kuala Besut (Jungle train)
    54 29-jun Kuala Besut - Perhentian
    55 30-jun Perhentian
    56 01-jul Perhentian
    57 02-jul Perhentian
    58 03-jul Perhentian- Kuala Terengganu
    59 04-jul Kuala Terengganu - Singapore

Do you know how to do the Taman Negara trip? Can I book it in KL? What about the jungle train? I've searched for info on the internet, but there is not a lot... :(

Thanks!

#1 Posted: 11/4/2010 - 20:15

• Advertisement

• AbgAcid

Click here to learn more about AbgAcid
    Joined Travelfish
    28th November, 2009
    Location Malaysia
    Total reviews: 21

hi kitsune,
    Yup the itnery seems alright. You have everything in place.
    The Batu caves is less than an hour of travel by bus/taxi. Interesting place for Hindu worship location. Great to be there if there is a a hindu festival going on. Very colorful.

I assume you are heading taman negara by boat. (6 hours upstream form kuala Tembeling) With 3N4D you may do alot of activities. Check out trekking, night safari (on a 4-wd) , rubber tubing, canopy walk from treetop to another, etc etc. fun in the tropical forest. Yes, arrangement can be made localy at KL, no problem, Try google or make enquiry at the hotel you are staying at.

53 28-jun Jerantut - Kuala tahan - Kota Bharu - Kuala Besut (Jungle train)[/qoute]

It should be Kuala Tahan- Jerantut... as kuala tahan is just accros the river from Taman negara,.. and I assume you are taking the road out from taman negara to Jerantut. Yes, you may get a ticket for the jungle train at Jerantut, no need to booked prehand if it is not during any festive season holidays. The train from Jerantut will take you to Pasir Mas (app 30 kilometers to Kota Baru) You may need to get on a bus/taxi to kota baru as transit to Kuala Besut. There are locally availble taxi from Pasir Mas to Kuala Besut , though its harder to come by than at Kota Baru. Approximately 2 hours from Pasir Mas to Kuala Besut.

Jun is the perfect time to be at Pulau Perhentian. The water is calm, clear and fish are swimming right at the jetty. Sunny all day long....

have fun

regards
    AA

#2 Posted: 11/4/2010 - 23:30

• kitsune

Joined Travelfish
    10th April, 2010

Thank you for the reply! :)

I guess I am freaking out a little bit trying to plan everything in advance. I guess the best thing will be to arrange everything for taman negara once I get to KL :) Thank you!

#3 Posted: 11/4/2010 - 23:48

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.