Photo: Kayaking Langkawi's mangroves.

Malaysia forum

kl to Taman Negara National Park one day

Posted by sharpie on 14/4/2010 at 14:54

hey again,
just found out about the jungle railway just wondering if it is at all possible to get to Taman Negara National Park from kl by jungle railway, go to the canaopy walk and waterfalls and get back to kl that night? i know its possible on a daytour although we would like to do it on our.
thanks

#1 sharpie has been a member since 28/2/2010. Posts: 36

Posted by AbgAcid on 21/4/2010 at 20:17

Regret, it wont be possible.

Even if you drove a car, it would simply take you 5 hours to get to Kuala Tahan, at least. From Kuala Tahan, you need to hop onto a boat, to cross into taman negara, trekk a bit and into the canopjhy walk. That would have taken 2 more hours.

Take another boat to the waterfalls whcih is quite a distance,.. or trekk? wcih would even take you longer..and be back to KL by nightfall?

My advice, dont do it.

regards
AA

#2 AbgAcid has been a member since 28/11/2009. Location: Malaysia. Posts: 162

Posted by MirTraynor on 16/5/2010 at 02:54

Hey,

I don't know if you have left yet, but I am researching the same thing. We are looking to take the sleeper train from KL to Jerantut, and then taking the bus to Kuala Tahan which is the entrance to the park. You can then hike from there, but be sure to research these as sometimes you need a guide so you don't get lost!

Trains can be booked here... https://intranet.ktmb.com.my/e-ticket/Book.asp (you'll need to register) A return ticket costs about £50 for two people. Bargain :)

Otherwise, I've just found this company... http://www.kualalumpurtravel.net/taman-negara-day-trip.html

Hope this helps x

#3 MirTraynor has been a member since 16/5/2010. Posts: 2

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.