Flag of Malaysia

Malaysia forum

Motorbike Trips in Malaysia

• KazAussie

Joined Travelfish
    18th July, 2009

Hi all,

Does anyone know if there are groups like Easy Riders or Hue Riders in Malaysia. We did a 3 day trip in vietnam and it was a highlight.

We are heading to Malaysia in August and would like to do something similar, either on the mainland or on Borneo.

It is a short trip this time.. so far we have planned:

2-4 Aug KL
    5-7 Aug Kuching
    8-10 Aug - this is the bit I am trying to fill in
    11-16 Aug Langkawi

So far all we have booked is Kuching and we are pretty sure we want to end with 5 days at a beach/island being thoroughly spoilt. Found a nice looking place in Langkawi, but equally open to other ideas.

Grateful for any advice.

Cheers

Kaz

#1 Posted: 20/4/2010 - 14:40

• Advertisement

• KazAussie

Joined Travelfish
    18th July, 2009

Should have mentioned in my earlier post we are not after adventure/bush bashing type motorbike rides, more gentle touring.

#2 Posted: 20/4/2010 - 14:44

• AbgAcid

Click here to learn more about AbgAcid
    Joined Travelfish
    28th November, 2009
    Location Malaysia
    Total reviews: 21

Easy Riders?... here in Malaysia easy riders are defined as those who rode choppers or cruisers. Yes, we have many of those groups around.

August is a good time to do road tour Malaysia, easpecially the eastern side of the mainland. Drier wheather, calm seas, Nice sceneries with stretches of deserted beaches and good roads too. The east coast has always been a haven for bikers, as the general traffic is lesser then the west coast. Some routes on the eastern coast which are away from the trunk road are best to travel on.

But from what I see, you have only 3 days to do the raod tours. Just wondering how many miles you intend to put within 3 days.

Yes, I do road tours for a large website, and I do it for free. Just a hobby. Try visit (englsih section), .

http://malaysianbikers.com.my/forum/index.php?action=forum

regards
    AA

#3 Posted: 21/4/2010 - 20:04

• KazAussie

Joined Travelfish
    18th July, 2009

Hi,

The sort of thing I am looking for is probably two bikes with a guide, there are two of us, so one would ride pillion, not necessarily interested in covering a huge amount of miles, more interested in stopping at good sites etc.

I was thinking if we could get something maybe KL to Penang (possibly through the Cameron Highlands), or if we do it in Borneo, something leaving from Kuching and either returning there or somewhere else with an airport for the flight back to the peninsular.

I am just starting planning my trip so am really after ideas at this point.

I couldn't find the english part of the site that you linked to.

Thanks very much for your help.

#4 Posted: 22/4/2010 - 14:50

• AbgAcid

Joined Travelfish
    28th November, 2009
    Location Malaysia

Ok, KL-Penang Via cameron Highlands. Thats pretty easy to do.

sugget take the Hiway PLUS out of KL and exit at Tapah. From then on, enjoy the road up hills to cameron highlands. Nice view place, it has a cool atmosphere, sort of getway from the hot busy city life. Nice view of the tea platations too.

YOu may descend cameron highland taking the other way down,..into Simpang Pulai and Ipoh,.. to take you through the old roads to Penang.

First you may need a bike to rent.
    Try

http://malaysianbikers.com.my/forum/index.php/topic,59101.0.html

regards
    AA

#5 Posted: 22/4/2010 - 19:29

• KazAussie

Joined Travelfish
    18th July, 2009

Thanks again AbgAcid but what I am really after is to be able to ride pillion with a guide.

#6 Posted: 23/4/2010 - 13:24

• AbgAcid

Joined Travelfish
    28th November, 2009
    Location Malaysia

If its not due to the Ramadhan month in August, I would have volunteer myself to bring you guys around as a guide. Much regretted, bro..

AA

#7 Posted: 5/5/2010 - 15:46

• KazAussie

Joined Travelfish
    18th July, 2009

No problem, thanks anyway. It now looks like we will spend most of our time in Malaysian Borneo. We will have 3 days KL, fly to Kuching, at least two nights there, possibly a stay in a longhouse after that (we have about four days to spare), before spoiling ourselves with a 5 day stay on Gaya island off Kota Kinabalu, so now probably looking for a three day ride from Kuching to KK.

#8 Posted: 5/5/2010 - 15:57

• borneopathf-
    inder

Joined Travelfish
    22nd May, 2010

hallo kaze,

if you are intending to ride from kuching to KK in 3 days im afraid to despoilment you. It over 1000KM and it takes basically 4 and a half day to ride all the way to KK from Kuching. if you intend to ride in 3 days this means only stoping for lunch. the other problem is refueling there is some stretches that does not have gas station for 300 km. If you are in Kota Kinabalu you can rent a bike, refer below web site.

http://borneopathfinder.blogspot.com/

ride borneo provide motorcycle rentals scooters, trail bike to middle weight bikes. they also do bike tours around borneo island. adventure enduro, road biking and scooter tours through our north borneo sabah.

the other company that provide bike tours is borneo biking adventure, they are more on road biking.

http://www.borneobikingadventures.com/BBA/public/home.asp

visit there sites and maybe you ll get a batter idea of the oturs they do.

Regards

borneopathfinder

#9 Posted: 22/5/2010 - 09:13

• KazAussie

Joined Travelfish
    18th July, 2009

Thanks patfinder... we will check it out when we get there, perhaps just do a day trip.

#10 Posted: 23/5/2010 - 07:54

• Advertisement

• GGAdventures

Joined Travelfish
    11th October, 2010

Hello Kaz, you also can check out www.gogosabah.com for as low as RM20~ we're based in Wisma Sabah, Kota Kinabalu~ we provide scooters, motorcyces, dirt bikes as well~

#11 Posted: 11/10/2010 - 14:19

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.