Flag of Malaysia

Malaysia forum

Air Asia one way ticket to KL will they let you board?

• lanamike

Joined Travelfish
    1st May, 2010

Hey All

Were in the process of planning our trip but Ive read that some airlines wont let you board the plane unless you have a return ticket BA being one of these. Has anyone travelled with Air Asia one way to KL and did they have any problems?

Were going to be moving on from KL and so will have tickets for onward travel.

Thanks

#1 Posted: 5/5/2010 - 20:06

• Advertisement

• christay2009

Joined Travelfish
    8th February, 2009
    Location United Kingdom
    Total reviews: 4

I heard this kinda cr=p all the time, you can get into Malaysia just fine without an onward ticket. I flew into KL twice without an onward ticket, no problems.

Same goes for Bangkok and even China (entered via Beijing) too. No problems.

Lots of misinformation around on t'web! You never know...this might be too! :)

#2 Posted: 6/5/2010 - 03:21

• SBE

Click here to learn more about SBE
    Joined Travelfish
    14th April, 2008
    Location Global Village
    Total reviews: 5
    Places visited:
    At least 2

Where are you flying from? I've flown Air Asia dozens of times and never been asked to show onward tickets before boarding the plane in another Asian country.

Airline staff (all airlines) at check in counters in Europe tend to be stricter though. I have been asked to show an onward flight or a proper visa every time I've flown to Thailand on a one way ticket in recent years.

Malaysia isn't Thailand though. UK citizens can stay in Malaysia without a visa for 90 days whereas you only get 30 days in Thailand. You have onward tickets as well so I can't see why there would be any problem boarding your flight.

You could always phone Air Asia and ask if you want to be absolutely sure.

#3 Posted: 6/5/2010 - 04:54

• lanamike

Joined Travelfish
    1st May, 2010

Hey

Thanks for all your help spoke to Air Asia today so just if anyone else was wondering if your flying from the UK you can board Air Asia one way the guy said that we wouldnt even need an onward ticket.

Thanks

#4 Posted: 7/5/2010 - 03:42

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.