Photo: Kayaking Langkawi's mangroves.

Malaysia forum

Cameron Highlands bus availability from KL a day before Hari Raya Pausa holidays

Posted by ashokSPB on 8/7/2010 at 15:52

I shall land at LCCT, KL on 9th Sept 10 morning 6 AM. Hari Raya Pausa holidays falls 10-11 Sept. Can I get bus service to Cameron Highlands from KL without advance reservation due tyo holidays rush. My hotel is already booked there.
If travel not possible then veteran travvelors may suggest what to do from 9th to 12 th Sept.
Is Penang travel without rush/Jam on 9th Sept.
Thanks to all freinds in advance.

#1 ashokSPB has been a member since 4/1/2010. Posts: 4

Posted by AbgAcid on 16/7/2010 at 16:46

Hi Ashok,
As you probably know, this is a national holiday,.. and schools be out for a week, office closed,... almost everything will close during that festive season except for supermarkets and shopping malls. Alsmost the whole nation is on the move,.. every bus, trains, planes will be booked up.

If you are lucky, you may get a taxi.. but then again prices will be hiked up for long distance charter like Penang or Cameron Highlands or anywhere for that matter.

You simply need a contact here with a vehicle. Dont mean to scare you,but the scenario is a rush rush..

All the best

regards
Abg Acid

#2 AbgAcid has been a member since 28/11/2009. Location: Malaysia. Posts: 162

Posted by ashokSPB on 19/7/2010 at 16:51

Thanks Abg Acid, I have now booked airasia ticket to Penang originating LCCT itself @ RM 78. Have booked hotel also there for 4 days then move to Singapore and again back to Melaka on 15th Sept. This way I shall bypass the traffic problem, am I right?

#3 ashokSPB has been a member since 4/1/2010. Posts: 4

Posted by AbgAcid on 26/7/2010 at 20:51

Asyok

Ok, the penang thing for 4 days seems OK since you already have booked tickets. And how are you going to Singapore from Penang? Have you book ticket too?

The last stretch, from Singpaore to Melaka on 15th seems feasible, Bus is more availble by this time.

regards
AA

#4 AbgAcid has been a member since 28/11/2009. Location: Malaysia. Posts: 162

Posted by ashokSPB on 10/8/2010 at 15:52

Thanks again AA. I have already booked Penang - Singapore flight @ MR 125 by Jetstar (Now it shows 3 times), thanks to Momondo.com.
My last stretch shall be Melaka to KL where I shall stay for 3 days. Can you guide in short what to do in KL. I have planned a day trip to Genting, another day to Batu caves/Putrajya and final day both towers.
Regards,
Ashok

#5 ashokSPB has been a member since 4/1/2010. Posts: 4

Posted by AbgAcid on 11/8/2010 at 16:57

Hi ashok,

your 3 days schedule at Kuala Lumpur looks nice. Its doable. Genting one full day, batu caves.putra jaya another full day. But perhaps onthe 3rd day beside visiting the twin towers you may want to move around too as you still have some good hours to do it. Suggest stay close the the area of Twin towers, such as the arts gallery at ampang, or even the national muziuem. Or perhaps just shopping at Sungai Wang area,

As for accomodations, KL is a bit expensive as it is a large city. But no doubt the anjung KL is hard to beat. Situated right in the middle of the city.

Try this link

http://www.anjungkl.com/

regards
AA

#6 AbgAcid has been a member since 28/11/2009. Location: Malaysia. Posts: 162

Posted by AbgAcid on 11/8/2010 at 16:59

Forgot to add

AndjungKL
Price is rm60 for single

AA

#7 AbgAcid has been a member since 28/11/2009. Location: Malaysia. Posts: 162

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.