Flag of Malaysia

Malaysia forum

Visiting Malaysia for the 2nd time - new places to see, or use KL as a base to go somewhere else?

• joostay

Joined Travelfish
    14th July, 2010

Hi there, sorry for the samey type of question but was hoping for some fresh ideas from you guys...

I'm fying into KL on 15 Sept and have 2.5 weeks. I've been to peninsular Malaysia before, doing all the stuff you'd expect apart from East Coast which was off-limits because of the rainy season.

So basically I don't really know what I should do this time around.

Was thinking arrive KL spend a few days. Then travel up to Perhentian and do the islands there for a few days. Then travel back to KL and fly to Borneo, check out Sabah etc. In 2.5 weeks does this sound doable and varied enough? Thing is, I don't dive but my girlfriend would probably like to try it.

Other options would be cross over into Thailand but I've done that before as well. Any Indonesian islands worth checking out? Or even flying to Burma (only country in SE Asia I haven't been bar Brunei).

Open to ideas!!!

At the minute it'll just be fly into KL, do Perhentian and then Borneo for a week.

Thanks!

#1 Posted: 14/7/2010 - 18:53

• Advertisement

• AbgAcid

Click here to learn more about AbgAcid
    Joined Travelfish
    28th November, 2009
    Location Malaysia
    Total reviews: 21

Hi joostay,
    Your itnenery looks good. Perhentians has awesome snorkling sites, and a laid backlifestyle. Its in the east coast,.. a good time of the year to explore, calm seas and clear water.

Though you should know, that 15 sept is at the near end of the nationwide festives holiday season, you may have difficulty of getting around. Getting out of Kuala Lumpur may be easier as the residents are now flocking in towards KuaLa Lumpur to start work after the holidays at the respective hometowns.

If you are not able to get bus/planes tickets to get around, I suggest get into Thailand.

regards
    AA

#2 Posted: 16/7/2010 - 16:58

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
visiting Australia - need recommendations on places to visit ... By melloluis on 7 Jan 2010 0 1702 7 Jan 2010