Malaysia forum

Air Asia from the UK

• Sparts

Joined Travelfish
    5th June, 2009
    Location United Kingdom
    Places visited:
    At least 17

Ok, so I've flown Air Asia many many times. But never from the UK to KL.
    Has anyone made this trip? They have awesome deals at the moment.

One thing I hate is being stuck in a silly wee seat for 10 hrs. I honestly can't bare it. Just so long as there is a decent amount of legroom I'll probably be happy.

#1 Posted: 3/9/2010 - 00:45

• Advertisement

• tails101

Joined Travelfish
    1st April, 2006
    Location United Kingdom

I flew to KL last year with Air Asia X and had no complaints over the seat comfort and legroom. The layout was 2-4-2 with 32" of legroom...

However, they have since changed the layout to 3-3-3 (which makes each since 1" narrower), introduced new slim-line seats (which increases the effective seat pitch) and retained the 32" of legroom... In terms of legroom alone they are better than Qantas and BA and on-par with Singapore Airlines (based on figures from seatguru.com).

If you can afford it, I'd opt for one of the hot seats as these increase the legroom further... I'm due to fly with Air Asia X again in October and have booked seats in row 27 as they have effectively unlimited legroom being emergency exit seats... the catch is they cost £20 each way.

More details on the seats can be found...
    http://blog.airasia.com/index.php/hot-seats-extra-legroom-on-long-haul-air
    http://blog.airasia.com/index.php/finally-new-seats-for-airasia-x-includin

Hope that helps a bit?

#2 Posted: 3/9/2010 - 01:55

• Sparts

Joined Travelfish
    5th June, 2009
    Location United Kingdom
    Places visited:
    At least 17

Wow, very helpful. That AirAsia blog is also very good. They never cease to surprise me.
    Sounds like you've had a good experience with them.
    Might just go ahead and book, unless I can find cheap flights to BKK or Samui which is where we are heading eventually.
    Thanks v much

#3 Posted: 3/9/2010 - 04:08

• Steve81

Joined Travelfish
    12th March, 2010

I'm doing this flight on Wednedsay so will let you know! I've paid for the extra legroom, fingers crossed it will all go well!

#4 Posted: 3/9/2010 - 05:28

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.