Photo: Kayaking Langkawi's mangroves.

Malaysia forum

Air Asia from the UK

Posted by Sparts on 3/9/2010 at 00:45

Ok, so I've flown Air Asia many many times. But never from the UK to KL.
Has anyone made this trip? They have awesome deals at the moment.

One thing I hate is being stuck in a silly wee seat for 10 hrs. I honestly can't bare it. Just so long as there is a decent amount of legroom I'll probably be happy.

#1 Sparts has been a member since 5/6/2009. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 167
 Where has Sparts been? 

Posted by tails101 on 3/9/2010 at 01:55

I flew to KL last year with Air Asia X and had no complaints over the seat comfort and legroom. The layout was 2-4-2 with 32" of legroom...

However, they have since changed the layout to 3-3-3 (which makes each since 1" narrower), introduced new slim-line seats (which increases the effective seat pitch) and retained the 32" of legroom... In terms of legroom alone they are better than Qantas and BA and on-par with Singapore Airlines (based on figures from seatguru.com).

If you can afford it, I'd opt for one of the hot seats as these increase the legroom further... I'm due to fly with Air Asia X again in October and have booked seats in row 27 as they have effectively unlimited legroom being emergency exit seats... the catch is they cost £20 each way.

More details on the seats can be found...
http://blog.airasia.com/index.php/hot-seats-extra-legroom-on-long-haul-air
http://blog.airasia.com/index.php/finally-new-seats-for-airasia-x-includin

Hope that helps a bit?

#2 tails101 has been a member since 1/4/2006. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 105
 Twitter 

Posted by Sparts on 3/9/2010 at 04:08

Wow, very helpful. That AirAsia blog is also very good. They never cease to surprise me.
Sounds like you've had a good experience with them.
Might just go ahead and book, unless I can find cheap flights to BKK or Samui which is where we are heading eventually.
Thanks v much

#3 Sparts has been a member since 5/6/2009. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 167
 Where has Sparts been? 

Posted by Steve81 on 3/9/2010 at 05:28

I'm doing this flight on Wednedsay so will let you know! I've paid for the extra legroom, fingers crossed it will all go well!

#4 Steve81 has been a member since 12/3/2010. Posts: 23

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.