Flag of Malaysia

Malaysia forum

Cameron Highlands to Gua Musang

• fox80

Joined Travelfish
    12th February, 2010

Hello,
    I am trying one leg of my trip which is from Camerdon Highlands to Taman Negara. We would like to take a jungle train from Guang Musang to Jerantut. Does anybody know if there is a public bus available from Cameron Highlands to Guang Musang?Cheers

#1 Posted: 7/9/2010 - 10:08

• Advertisement

• AbgAcid

Click here to learn more about AbgAcid
    Joined Travelfish
    28th November, 2009
    Location Malaysia
    Total reviews: 21

Hi fox,
    Regret there is nopublic bus from tanah rata , cameron highlands . However, there is a van that takes passenger to Gua Musang. I ll try get the information the location/contact number of this transportation. The route from Cameron to gua Musang was opened inyear 2005. Its a New road that span accross the centrral range, mountain country with spectacular views.Try it.

regards
    AA

#2 Posted: 10/9/2010 - 20:38

• fox80

Joined Travelfish
    12th February, 2010

Hi AA,
    Thanks for your response. Can I please ask you something else?
    I am trying to figure out if we can make this trip in one day or should we rather split into two days:
    Cameron Highlands (Tanah Rata) to Guan Musang (by bus/van)- about 120 km
    Guang Musang to Jarantut (Jungle train) 3h
    Jarantut to Kuala Trembling (bus)
    Kuala Trembling to Taman Negara (boat) 3h
    Am I correct in my estimations of times/routes?
    If yes, it's unlikely that I we can make this trip in one day because the last boat to TN leaves at 2pm or somehing like that. If we have to split the journey into two days, what town/place would you recommend for accommodation along the way?
    Thanks

#3 Posted: 15/9/2010 - 07:15

• AbgAcid

Joined Travelfish
    28th November, 2009
    Location Malaysia

Fox, all I can say is wow!.. To do that, you must be a hardcore on a F1 car or the GP bike. I simply think its not possible.
    If you still want to make it in a day, the option is take the train to Jerantut and from Jeratut take the van into Taman Negara insted of boat at Tembeling. There is a road (completed in 2006) that goes to Taman Negara that ends at Kuala Tahan. Kuala Tahan is a little village, opposite the tahan river taht separates taman negara. And you can still experience the boat ride on your way out from taman negara at the end of the holiday.

Regards
    AA

#4 Posted: 15/9/2010 - 14:39

• fox80

Joined Travelfish
    12th February, 2010

Thanks for your input AA,
    No, it is not my intention to rush at all I mean what's the point of holidays? In fact, I want to take things slowly:) So in other words, if I take the van to Guan Musang in 1 day and spend the night there and take the train next day to Jarantut, will that be more manageable or still rushing?

#5 Posted: 15/9/2010 - 15:00

• AbgAcid

Joined Travelfish
    28th November, 2009
    Location Malaysia

Thats right fox, thats pretty reasonable, and from gua musang the next day you may take the train to jerantut. From Jerantut, you then can take option by boat at tembeling or direct by van whcih is definitely faster. It takes just an hour or slightly nmore by van from Jerantut to Kuala Tahan.

To be preacise, Jerantut is actually THE stopover town for people to get to Taman Negara. There are cheap hostels and guesthouses, and many of them provide service to taman negara either by vans direct or boat via kuala tembeling. I suggest, you take the van from tanah rata to Gua Musang, and then take the train to Jerantut on the same day. Rest the night at Jerantut., I may be wrong, but all the same just to open options.

regards
    AA

#6 Posted: 15/9/2010 - 20:00

• roulleau

Joined Travelfish
    27th November, 2009

Bonjour!
    I d like to know if the road from Gua Musang down to Kual Lipis and up to Taman Negara is praticable and how long it may take to do the trip.
    thank you

#7 Posted: 14/1/2012 - 16:07

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
cameron highlands help ... By jonnyn12 on 30 Mar 2011 2 2466 5 May 2011
Cameron Highlands ... By dmg on 18 Jan 2009 2 3302 19 Jan 2009
Cameron Highlands ... By samguesthouse on 29 Dec 2011 0 1809 29 Dec 2011
Butterworth to Cameron Highlands bus? ... By sophgibs on 18 Dec 2010 0 3143 18 Dec 2010
New hostel in Cameron Highlands ... By westwood on 3 Aug 2014 0 376 3 Aug 2014
Cameron Highlands or Similar in December ... By mattspeak on 15 Dec 2011 0 1088 15 Dec 2011
Nice experience in the Cameron Highlands ... By Mikelpc on 3 Aug 2014 10 1313 15 Aug 2014
Cameron Highlands - need anti-malarials? ... By LaraP on 9 Aug 2010 3 4476 12 Aug 2010
Cameron Highlands bus availability from KL a day before Hari Raya Pausa holidays ... By ashokSPB on 8 Jul 2010 6 2768 11 Aug 2010