Photo: Kayaking Langkawi's mangroves.

Malaysia forum

Visa for Malaysia,

Posted by chatz on 19/9/2010 at 09:57

Hey Guys,

This time last year there was no problems with traveling to Malaysia, but i've been hearing alot of negative talk about visa restrictions from August 16.

I am an Irish Citizen, flying from Australia to KL on Oct 2, but only staying for 2 days before flying back to London. Question is do i need to acquire a visa for malaysia for those two days or will i still get a stopover visa of 120 hours as long as i have the documentation to prove that i am leaving days later. I'm also flying with Air Asia if that makes any diiference!!

Any info would be greatly appreciated, put this mind of mine at rest and start enjoying my final days of sunshine.

Thanx

#1 chatz has been a member since 7/3/2009. Location: Ireland. Posts: 17

Posted by idreamofdurian on 20/9/2010 at 00:50 TF writer

The new Malaysian visa restrictions only apply to citizens of a handful of Asian countries including India, China, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, etc.

You don't need a visa to enter Malaysia -- you'll automatically be given 90 days on arrival.

Now get back to enjoying the sunshine!

#2 idreamofdurian has been a member since 5/9/2008. Location: Singapore. Posts: 576
 Website   Twitter   Flickr  

Posted by chatz on 20/9/2010 at 12:25

Hey,

Cheers on the reply, it really has put my mind at ease, topping up the tan as we speak!!

Thanks Again :)

#3 chatz has been a member since 7/3/2009. Location: Ireland. Posts: 17

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.