Flag of Malaysia

Malaysia forum

December Trip Help pls!

Joined Travelfish
    21st October, 2010

Hey all,

Please help me to plan & travel.......Am going to Malaysia this December.
    Arriving to KL - 5th Dec
    From 5th Dec to 17th I would like to travel around but on 17th, latest 18th, I would like to arrive at Kedah to attend a friends wedding.
    From 20th I will probably be with friends and hence cannot travel much. Other then travelling from Kedah to KL for Xmas, where else would you recommend. I depart for Home from Kuala Lumpur on 29th Dec.

I have been to KL before and hence have seen all the main sites within KL.
    Am interested in seeing Malaysian culture, nature/animals, day trekking, famous sites, attending events. I am worried that it is monsoon season and would like to soak up some sun!

Thanks in Adv for replies

Dave

#1 Posted: 21/10/2010 - 04:19

• Advertisement

• CapturingPe-
    nang

Joined Travelfish
    19th September, 2010

Hi Dave,

If you are headed to Kedah, there are many places in northern Malaysia to visit - Cameron Highlands, Ipoh, Penang, Langkawi.

Penang is a great place for culture, food, events, and sites. There has also been a push for more jungle trekking trails. You can find info at PenangTrails.com

If you need ideas for travel to Penang, you can find more information on our blog, Capturing Penang

Have a great trip!

Mark & Reese

#2 Posted: 23/10/2010 - 23:05

• tezza

Joined Travelfish
    13th April, 2006
    Total reviews: 61

If you fancy a nice holiday island with good beaches, some great jungle, waterfalls, mountains and accommodation of all standards, Tioman in NW Malaysia is a good one. It's DUTY FREE. Easy to hop across to nicer islands like Ko Lipe, Ko Adang in Thailand from there too.
    Note late Dec is popular with Malaysian holidayers so worth booking Tioman. Lipe gets popular too.

#3 Posted: 24/10/2010 - 16:31

• AbgAcid

Click here to learn more about AbgAcid
    Joined Travelfish
    28th November, 2009
    Location Malaysia
    Total reviews: 21

If I were you, I'd avoid the east coast of the peninsula during the mentioned period. Its not just the rain that bothers some of us,.. its the flood the worries most, Dont wanna get stranded in a little town, unable to get away to other places do you?

Dont mean to scare you though.

Regards
    AA

#4 Posted: 1/11/2010 - 18:19

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.