Flag of Malaysia

Malaysia forum

Refund of upgrade price from Optiontown.com?

• williamducl-
    es

Joined Travelfish
    23rd October, 2010

Has any one used upgrade options of Optiontown.com? I have just come to know about this optiontown.com and their upgrade travel options which they call UTO! I have booked a Air Asia economy ticket for KUL to DEL. I am planning to sign up for upgrade at optiontown.com. They have mentioned that I have to pay the upgrade price in advance & they will refund my money back if i am not upgraded! I do not know whether to trust this website or not. What if they don't refund my money back. Does they really upgrade to premium at such low prices as they claim? I would appreciate if any one could help me with this.

#1 Posted: 23/10/2010 - 18:43

• Advertisement

• piranha

Joined Travelfish
    3rd December, 2010

I have not used it for Air Asia flights. I could not get the chance yet. I have used their upgrades for my ARN-ORD Flight. It was a long flight and I was very lucky to get the upgrades as it could be a nightmare in economy for me causing me backache.

#2 Posted: 3/12/2010 - 20:06

• hamidsultan

Joined Travelfish
    13th October, 2011

Pls be very very carefull. I have already used the optiontown and they will upgrade upon premium seat availability. If no seat,for sure to my experience they will not refund and no response even you call and leave message numerous times.
    I had bad experience.Somewhere in January 2011, i Travel from KL-Tokyo and i was upgraded to a premium seat and on my return flight they didnt upgrade may seat not available. Well they should refund immediately or latest within 1 week. Till today i didnt get the refund but after few emails,they replied my email saying that already refund to my Amex card a/c which i used to pay. When i called Amex,they confirm me few times that there is no such refund from Optiontown. When i called and mention the same to Option town,they told will check & revert to me but again later giving me same reply and asking me to check with Amex. When i check with Amex,again they told same answer that no refund received.
    I did also send email to Air Asia but they did not reply till to date. I did purchase bcz recommended by Air Asia.Pls dont trust Option town and i hope all Airlines should reconsider the tie ups with Option town since they seems not keeping to promise.

#3 Posted: 13/10/2011 - 13:07

• paul_e

Joined Travelfish
    7th February, 2013

We applied for an Optiontown upgrade for a recent flight on AirAsia. We got an email a few hours before the flight. At the AirAsia check-in desk they had no record of the upgrade and refused to change our seats. Optiontown are refusing to refund our fee. Steer clear of Optiontown.

#4 Posted: 7/2/2013 - 14:32

• busylizzy

Joined Travelfish
    31st December, 2007
    Location New Zealand
    Total reviews: 20
    Places visited:
    At least 107

I used Optiontown for an Air Asia flight from NZ to KL in 2011. I got an email a few days before to say that I wasn't accepted for the upgrade, and received the refund a week or so later. I seem to recall it said that you would get the refund within 2 weeks??

So it sounds like it's a mixed set of reviews. (Just realised that the original post is quite an old one - but I guess the info is still relevant).

#5 Posted: 7/2/2013 - 19:14

• Mexi736

Joined Travelfish
    18th February, 2013

If you have not use the upgrade service of optiontown, they guarantee to process the refund of upgrade price. send an email to optiontown with your boarding pass, which will prove that you have not been upgraded to business class. they will confirm the same with the airline and process the refund.

#6 Posted: 18/2/2013 - 04:58

• lylalala

Joined Travelfish
    1st May, 2013

Optiontown has the worst service ever. They took your money first before they can guarantee you the seat, that's fine right because we just want to be on the waiting list. We hope that when we pay today, we will be above people that pay tomorrow in that waiting list. And our chance is higher than the late bookers. But no! You know how it works? Randomly! Even you pay first, people who pay later can get the seat you're waiting for months. And yes, the number of seat you and the late bookers applied are the same. So there's no issue on the seats available. It is the issue of cutting queue, random selection of who will get the upgrade. Very unfair, very scam operation. And they don't even tell it on the website. If your operation is on random selection, tell us upfront! They took our money and make it looks like on the first come first serve basis, but actually they just pick any booking to upgrade randomly. What a bad service. I experienced this, we have separate Air Asia X booking, then when we get Optiontown offer, my friend try it first. After 4 days, then only I applied it. When it is 2 days before our flight, I got the successful confirmation and my friend who applied earlier did not get it. We were curious and when we call them they gave me that random answer. We were so shocked and felt cheated. Seriously this the worst service ever. Randomly operated company can't be trusted!

#7 Posted: 1/5/2013 - 04:18

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.