Photo: Kayaking Langkawi's mangroves.

Malaysia forum

3 Weeks Malaysia late November / early December

Posted by nochnbier on 27/10/2010 at 14:36

Hi there,

I have 3 weeks time for travelling from the last week of November to mid-december. How is Malaysia in this time of the year? I read it's rainy-season, so does it even make sense to go there? If it does, I'm happy for some tips :)
If it doesn't, does anybody have any suggestions what to do / where to travel? I have been to Vietnam and Thailand. I had to skip Laos and Cambodia on my last holiday, but I'm not sure if it's worth to fly over to SEA only for these two...
How about Indonesia?
Thanks,
Friedrich

#1 nochnbier has been a member since 27/10/2010. Posts: 26

Posted by nochnbier on 27/10/2010 at 15:46

...and also I should mention that I'm all into nature, trekking, hiking, climbing, diving... I don't really care about shopping or tailoring or haute cuisine... streetfood and a nice sunset keep me pretty happy.
I'm used to travel on a budged, but by now it's not as tight as it used to be...
regards
friedrich

#2 nochnbier has been a member since 27/10/2010. Posts: 26

Posted by AbgAcid on 1/11/2010 at 18:12

Yes its the rainning sesaon, the monsoon is in transition stage now and will be in full blast in december.

Not sure about Indonesia though, but I presume its more or less the same. During this time of the year, we malaysian heads north for holidays,.. North Thailand, Laos and cambodia.

AA

#3 AbgAcid has been a member since 28/11/2009. Location: Malaysia. Posts: 162

Posted by tezza on 15/11/2010 at 15:49

It's not rainy season normally on the west coast of peninsula Malaysia from around mid Nov on. So you can look to nice weather at Langkawi, Penang and other places there. The east coast in contrast is usually very wet with the ne monsoon. Not too sure about Borneo Malaysia - never been there.
Nice thing about Langkawi is that you can hop on a scheduled ferry and go across to the nearby Thai islands of Ko Lipe and Ko Adang - which are also pretty sweet locations.

All the Andaman coast of Thailand should be in dry season by then. Ditto the eastern and central Gulf plus the North. The exception is the southern Gulf coast which like the east coast of Malaysia further south is normally copping the ne monsoon.

#4 tezza has been a member since 13/4/2006. Posts: 1,338
 Website 

Posted by blackswan on 26/11/2010 at 20:54

.and also I should mention that I'm all into nature, trekking, hiking, climbing, diving. well Borneo is the place for you. Sarawak and Sabah

#5 blackswan has been a member since 26/11/2010. Posts: 2

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.