Flag of Malaysia

Malaysia forum

penang and pehretian island

• aliceinnyc

Joined Travelfish
    3rd November, 2010

hi, i am a solo traveler about to make my first trip to southeast asia, was planning on making a trip from penang to pehretian islands- in early march, anyone done anything similar, any interest and want to meet up for a first time trip? what is the best way to do this route? anything i should know/ consider before making plans?
    thanks, alice

#1 Posted: 4/11/2010 - 11:04

• Advertisement

• AbgAcid

Click here to learn more about AbgAcid
    Joined Travelfish
    28th November, 2009
    Location Malaysia
    Total reviews: 21

Hi alice,
    The express coach from Butterworth is a good way to travel. Its takes approximately 6 hours to get to Kota Baru from Butterworth. The route will take you throgh the high country that divides the peninusla, Main central Range or Banjaran Titiwangsa in Bahasa. Its thick , lush tropica forest region. Also you will pass thru Tasek Temenggor, which is a man-made lake high up on the mountains.

From Kota Baru, take another bus or taxi to Kuala Besut, the getaway point to Pulau Perhentians.

regards
    AA

#2 Posted: 4/11/2010 - 11:55

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
I'm in Penang Island of Malaysia now ... By greendog on 12 Jul 2011 0 1367 12 Jul 2011