Photo: Kayaking Langkawi's mangroves.

Malaysia forum

Malaysia/Borneo in 20 days in November/December

Posted by clarelovelace on 21/11/2010 at 16:30

Hi all,

My boyfriend is coming to visit me in Malaysia (flying into KL) next week. We're going to have about 20 days and I would really really appreciate anyones help on planning an itinerary. I've never been to Malaysia/Borneo before and I've just arrived in KL.

I know that the beautiful East Coast islands are now in Monsoon season so its not a good idea (or even possible) to visit them. We're looking for a nice beach to chill on for a few days, as well as some adventure (trekking/Jungles etc). We haven't got that much time so I dont want to travel round TOO much, maybe just go to 3 destinations.

Does anyone have any advice on the following:

Islands on the East Coast: Pangkor/ Penang
Taman Negara (worth it or is it better to go to Borneo for jungles?)
Mt Kinabalu?
Are there any nice beaches in Borneo?

Sorry I know these questions are a bit random and not very specific but any information anyone has on any of these things would be amazing....

Thank you!!

#1 clarelovelace has been a member since 21/11/2010. Posts: 1

Posted by blackswan on 26/11/2010 at 20:37

For jungle and wilfe life Borneo is the place to go. You can start with Kuching (about 1 hour 45 min by air ) from KL. BakoNattional park and Semonggok Orang Utan wild life centre are some of the places to nature and wild life.

#2 blackswan has been a member since 26/11/2010. Posts: 2

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.