Flag of Malaysia

Malaysia forum

what is the best place to visit in malaysia?

• atazhee26

Joined Travelfish
    2nd January, 2011

just a question guys, what is the best place to visit in malaysia. i read lots of things about the country but there are many to mention. got idea?

#1 Posted: 2/1/2011 - 12:32

• Advertisement

• busylizzy

Joined Travelfish
    31st December, 2007
    Location New Zealand
    Total reviews: 20
    Places visited:
    At least 107

C'mon - you gotta give us a clue. What do you like? What interests you?

#2 Posted: 2/1/2011 - 13:19

• peter27

Joined Travelfish
    18th November, 2010

Malaysiahas many lovely beaches and islands. If you are a beach lover thenyou will have a good time there. Here is the list of top beaches inMalaysia:
    [ulist][li]Datai Beach, Langkawi Island
    [/li][li]Pantai
    [/li][/ulist][ulist][li]Redang Island beaches
    [/li][/ulist][ulist][li]Tioman Island beaches
    [/li][/ulist]

#3 Posted: 4/1/2011 - 17:51

• hayleydot

Joined Travelfish
    6th January, 2011

Don't forget the Perhentian Islands! They are beautiful, and there is a turtle conservation project there too! I volunteered there last year, and am returning as a coordinator if you want to know more about the program message me and i can send some brochures. Its a great way to spend some time on these paradise islands. Scuba diving is also wicked there!

#4 Posted: 6/1/2011 - 17:19

• tezza

Joined Travelfish
    13th April, 2006
    Total reviews: 61

I'm an island and beach person - I like Tioman best March-Oct and Langkawi Nov-April.

#5 Posted: 9/1/2011 - 17:54

• CapturingPe-
    nang

Joined Travelfish
    19th September, 2010

If you're not into a beach holiday, best place to visit in Malaysia is Penang. Hopefully, you are traveling soon and can make it for Thaipusam Festival from Jan 19-21, and Chinese New Year the first two weeks of February.

Have a great trip!

Reese & Mark
    Capturing Penang

#6 Posted: 14/1/2011 - 16:56

• malaysiangi-
    rl

Joined Travelfish
    22nd August, 2010

how many days do you have? Peninsula Malaysia isn't exactly big, and it doesn't take too long to travel fr one place to another..

#7 Posted: 14/1/2011 - 20:26

• idreamofdur-
    ian

TF writer
    Click here to learn more about idreamofdurian
    Joined Travelfish
    5th September, 2008
    Location Singapore
    Total reviews: 4

hayleydot -- I wanted to private message you, but you're not set up for it! (you have to opt-in). I'm very interested in the turtle project.

#8 Posted: 14/1/2011 - 23:01

• hayleydot

Joined Travelfish
    6th January, 2011

Hi Idreamofdurian,

Here is a little info about the turtle project:

Become a Turtle Volunteer for Help Our Penyu (HOPE) a community based sea turtle conservation project on the beautiful islands of Perhentian. Not only will you help to safeguard 2 out of the 4 major nesting beaches in Perhentian but also contribute to spreading conservation awareness amongst tourists and the local community. Even just coming for 2 weeks can make a big impact helping to improve the childrens' English or marine awareness so they can become future turtle guides. Your visit will inject RM1000 into the village economy (2 months salary for most of the villagers) encouraging the villagers to protect their sea turtles population.

I am one of the volunteer coordinators based in the village for this season, please feel free to email me at: hayley@helpourpenyu.com if you have any questions and would like more info about volunteering with HOPE.

Aman Cinta Penyu (Peace Love Turtles in Bahasa Malay)
    Hayley.

P.S. Thanks for letting me know about the private message thing- I just assummed it was automatic.

#9 Posted: 15/1/2011 - 05:01

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.