Flag of Malaysia

Malaysia forum

13 nights - £2000.... Malaysia - Thailand?

• Shaf

Joined Travelfish
    13th January, 2011

Dear All,

For our first anniversary we are hoping to spend 2 weeks (13nights), at the end of June, in Southeast Asia, we have already booked ourtickets and will be using KL as our base. We are on a pretty tight budget, but noticed that flights around the region were very cheap from KL. We are in no way restricted to Malaysia, so all your suggestions are welcome (as long as the flight there doesn't cost the earth!).

Our main criteria is to be on a perfect romantic white sandy beach with crystal clear still electric teal waters and removed from civilisation. (I know, not asking for much eh?!). However, spending all that time on an island like this might get a bit boring, so we were thinking of breaking up the beaches with a trip to Singapore, or any other exciting city.

We were also hoping to rent our own villa for around 4 nights,but haven’t really managed to find any in budget :( Your suggestions are welcome... (Or perhaps a room on stilts over the sea.. ).

Our total budget is around £2000 GBP. Do you think this is unrealistic? We don’t mind saving on accommodation as long as it is well maintained.

Visa requirements for British citizens would be highly appreciated too!

We look forward to your responses...

Many Thanks!

#1 Posted: 13/1/2011 - 17:20

• Advertisement

• hayleydot

Joined Travelfish
    6th January, 2011

I would recommend checking out some of the islands around peninsular Malaysia if you want some beach time, or you could hop over the border to Thailand and spend a few days there too.

As British Citizens you get a 3 month visa issued on arrival so you have no worries there!

#2 Posted: 15/1/2011 - 05:05

• Shaf

Joined Travelfish
    13th January, 2011

I was considering considering spending some time in Redang, how would we get to thailand from there and where would be a good place to visit?

Cheers

Shaf

#3 Posted: 15/1/2011 - 18:08

• minionpie

Joined Travelfish
    19th December, 2011

I just did a month in Thailand on £400 (in high season), 2.5 weeks of which were on a white, sandy, turqoise waters, remote beach in Koh Phangan. Saying that, my hut was very basic. With £2000 for less than 2 weeks you should have more than enough to enjoy your time sufficiently, in some very nice places! Shop around, I found the travel agents there were always very helpful when you tell them exactly what you want, and how much you want to spend! If you book your whole time in one resort then don't be afraid to ask for a discount when prepaying, they are usually quite good at sorting you out! End of June is out of high season so prices should be less anyway! Good luck

#4 Posted: 19/12/2011 - 05:04

• inspiredbyk-
    rissi

Joined Travelfish
    9th December, 2011

£2000 is more than enough. I would suggest the Cameron Highlands, Taman Negara for some treking in an aamazing rainforest and for soem chill time, get yourselves to the Perhentian Islands.

#5 Posted: 21/12/2011 - 00:09

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.