Photo: Kayaking Langkawi's mangroves.

Malaysia forum

Round Trip Tickets for Visa

Posted by foieslinger on 15/1/2011 at 05:13

Will be traveling for 3 months in Malaysia, Singapore, and Indonesia and have already purchased a round trip ticket flying into Kuala Lumpur and flying out of Jakarta. Not sure yet how I will be traveling between the countries but will most likely be flying on Air Asia.

It seems that all of these countries require proof of in/OUT tickets. Will I be granted a tourist visa if I don't have proof that I am leaving the country?

I have not yet been to any of these countries and don't know how long I want to stay at each destination until I arrive.

#1 foieslinger has been a member since 11/11/2009. Posts: 36

Posted by cisdeluca on 17/1/2011 at 13:15

You do not need to show proof of exit to get a tourist visa for any of these countries. Have fun!

#2 cisdeluca has been a member since 17/1/2011. Posts: 13

Posted by idreamofdurian on 17/1/2011 at 15:57 TF writer

I've traveled between these countries A LOT and never been asked to show proof of an onward flight.

#3 idreamofdurian has been a member since 5/9/2008. Location: Singapore. Posts: 576
 Website   Twitter   Flickr  

Posted by foieslinger on 17/1/2011 at 22:21

great news, thank you cisdeluca and idreamofdurian.

#4 foieslinger has been a member since 11/11/2009. Posts: 36

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.