Flag of Malaysia

Malaysia forum

hotels in Kuala Lumper

• SpringZhang

Joined Travelfish
    25th March, 2011

i plan to visit Kuala Lumper the coming summer holiday. could you guys please recommend a few affordable hotels there?

#1 Posted: 25/3/2011 - 16:54

• Advertisement

• siquick

Joined Travelfish
    12th January, 2011

Avoid hotels on Petaling Street - so noisy. Playing unbearable happy hardcore, Ronan Keating and other awfulness from 11am to 11pm every day

#2 Posted: 29/5/2011 - 19:13

• caseyprich

Joined Travelfish
    3rd March, 2010
    Location China
    Total reviews: 53
    Places visited:
    At least 48

I'm not sure what affordable is for your budget, but I stayed at Sabaht Guesthouse and really liked the location and atmosphere - really close to the mix but no noise at all.

I'm not sure where you'd want to stay, a lot of people choose Chinatown, but I avoided it as I live in Shanghai and instead opted for Bukit Bintang which is the main central business and entertainment area - anywhere around there you'll find a lot of hostels and cheap hotels.

I remember specifically seeing a few hostels at the corner of Tingkat Tong Shin and Jalan Tong Shin - right near the Jalan Alor food street and Changkat Bukit Bingtang western bar street.

Hope that helps.

#3 Posted: 30/5/2011 - 07:32

• rledez1990

Click here to learn more about rledez1990
    Joined Travelfish
    12th March, 2010
    Location United Kingdom

We stayed in Chinatown (not a problem for us as we live in boring England) at a hostel called Grocer's Inn. It was 50 ringett per night for a double room with aircon, dressing table and bed - we were offered a room outside on the terrace first but the aircon was broken, as was the bed, so we asked for a better one and ended up inside near the bathrooms which was much better (although there were no windows). It's a really good location and within walking distance from shops, markets, and the train stations. There's a rooftop garden where people watched films and played games as well, although we didn't go up there. If/when we go back to KL we'll be staying here again. It's good value for money- no frills but clean and comfortable!

#4 Posted: 30/5/2011 - 20:29

• idreamofdur-
    ian

TF writer
    Click here to learn more about idreamofdurian
    Joined Travelfish
    5th September, 2008
    Location Singapore
    Total reviews: 4

The guesthouses in Chinatown are the cheapest (ex. Backpackers Travelers Inn). They're alright if you're used to budget travel, but not particularly clean and quite noisy (as mentioned above). They also don't have much of a common area.

If you're willing to spend a bit more, there are some really nice guesthouses near Bukit Bintang. It puts you in easy walking distance of the city's best bars, shopping, and Petronas Twin Towers. Last time I was there I stayed at Rainforest Bed & Breakfast and it was great. Anjung KL Hostel is also very good.

#5 Posted: 31/5/2011 - 09:33

• Alec

Joined Travelfish
    2nd June, 2011

Can also check out tune hotels

Its run by the same folks that run Air Asia. Quite decent for the price you pay.

Here's the website for the downtown KL branch.

http://www.tunehotels.com/our-hotels/downtown-kl

Chinatown and Bukit Bintang, are also other reasonable options as well....(as suggested in the posts above)

Cheers!

Providing unbiased, insightful, and up to date travel info to Asia!
    www.alectravelguide.com

#6 Posted: 7/6/2011 - 22:42

• childly1979

Joined Travelfish
    27th October, 2010

Hey there,
    I would suggest u to YMCA, Kuala Lumpur. It's 80 ringgit for the single bed room, clean, air-con and with tv. The location is good, close to KL Sentral Station. Besides, I would recommend My hotel which is also located close to KL Sentral Station.
    Besides, can try Hotel Macktz Comfort Inn which is just under the KL Sentral Monorail Station and the address is 106 Jalan Tun Sambanthan, Brickfield.
    I recommend these places as the location is really nice that you can catch up LRT train to the Twin Towers, inter-city train to other cities like Ipoh (now is 2 hours one way), taxi (got taxi coupon counter), Genting Highland ticket office counter and monorail station (catch this to Chinatown and Bukit Bintang) all in one place! Moreover, you can catch bus to KLIA (KL international airport) or LCCT (low cost terminal) just at the ground floor of KL Sentral Station.
    regards,
    childly

#7 Posted: 30/6/2011 - 09:53

• Voyagner

Joined Travelfish
    12th July, 2009

Grocers Inn was infested with bed bugs last time I stayed, lots of bad reviews about it.

#8 Posted: 12/10/2011 - 12:08

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Traveling from Kuala Lumper to Phuket ... By GTlica on 18 Feb 2011 5 4560 23 Mar 2011
Travel buddy for Kuala Lumper, Cambodia & Vietnam End Mar-Apr 12 ... By goodi666 on 20 Jan 2012 0 839 20 Jan 2012
Looking for Cheap Hotels in Kuala Lumpur? ... By thailandhotelde on 25 Jun 2013 0 619 25 Jun 2013