Flag of Malaysia

Malaysia forum

Singapore school holiday = busy 1st week of Sept?

• amz155

Joined Travelfish
    30th August, 2006

Doe sthe first week of September tend to get super busy in the Perhentians due to the Singapore school holiday?

I'm debating going either first week of September or last week of September. Pro of going the last week of September is to avoid the crowds but I'm not sure the weather will still be good as October approaches.

#1 Posted: 7/4/2011 - 04:38

• Advertisement

• Alec

Joined Travelfish
    2nd June, 2011

HI amz155

Usually during the school holidays alot of Singaporeans would visit surrounding areas where they can easily drive to, such as Melaka, KL, Genting. Perhentian islands is quite far for a drive from Singapore for families bringing their children, but then again there are flights they can take. I think to be on the safe side you can try the later part of Sept. The monsoon seasons here usually don't start until after Oct.

Cheers!

Providing unbiased, insightful, and up to date travel info to Asia!
    www.alectravelguide.com

#2 Posted: 24/6/2011 - 20:29

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.