Flag of Malaysia

Malaysia forum

Malaysia Travel Timing

• teamika

Joined Travelfish
    3rd November, 2010

I am returning to SE Asia this fall and wanted to start this trip in Malaysia, having never been there before. Looking at the peak travel/tourist seasons and the monsoons I was thinking of arriving in September, spending a little time on the peninsula and then most of October wandering from Kuching to Brunei and then flying back to KL and on to other destination in SE. Maybe Vietnam or where ever. Air Asia makes it SO easy and cheap. Anyway...

I am travelling alone and can figure out places to go, etc, without too much fuss. My main question is: Is this a reasonable sort of general itinerary to avoid the big tourist rushes of July and August and still catch good weather before the East Coast monsoon tides?

Thanks in advance!

#1 Posted: 28/4/2011 - 00:01

• Advertisement

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.