Flag of Malaysia

Malaysia forum

Where do people recommend?

• markirwin

Joined Travelfish
    2nd May, 2011

I have been to malaysia a couple of times and have been to the cameron highlands, melaka and the Perthenian Islands.

I am about to start my return from a career break in australia and flying into Singapore on the 28th May and flying from Bangkok on the 17th June.

I want to go to Koh Phi Phi for diving, have a couple of days in bangkok before i fly on the 17th. And also go to Penang for a few days.

I was thinking of this itenery.

28-1st Singapore
    2-7 - No plans
    8-10 Penang
    10-15 Koh Phi Phi
    15-16 Bangkok

My question is I would like to see some of the wildlife of South East Asia and thinking about going to borneo but I dont know if I should go to Sarawak or Sabah? anyone has any suggestions? I'd like to see the Bats and Orangutans or phygmy elephants..

also what will the weather be like in PhiPhi during june as i realise it is monsoon season?

#1 Posted: 2/5/2011 - 12:44

• Advertisement

• jnelson232

Joined Travelfish
    28th March, 2011
    Location United States

I would recommend ko tao instead for diving as the weather on phi phi might make diving visibility low. The eastern side of Thailand gets less rain for some reason.

Plus the island itself is less developed and not as packed as phi phi can get.

#2 Posted: 2/5/2011 - 14:55

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.