Photo: Kayaking Langkawi's mangroves.

Malaysia forum

Where do people recommend?

Posted by markirwin on 2/5/2011 at 12:44

I have been to malaysia a couple of times and have been to the cameron highlands, melaka and the Perthenian Islands.

I am about to start my return from a career break in australia and flying into Singapore on the 28th May and flying from Bangkok on the 17th June.

I want to go to Koh Phi Phi for diving, have a couple of days in bangkok before i fly on the 17th. And also go to Penang for a few days.

I was thinking of this itenery.

28-1st Singapore
2-7 - No plans
8-10 Penang
10-15 Koh Phi Phi
15-16 Bangkok

My question is I would like to see some of the wildlife of South East Asia and thinking about going to borneo but I dont know if I should go to Sarawak or Sabah? anyone has any suggestions? I'd like to see the Bats and Orangutans or phygmy elephants..

also what will the weather be like in PhiPhi during june as i realise it is monsoon season?

#1 markirwin has been a member since 2/5/2011. Posts: 1

Posted by jnelson232 on 2/5/2011 at 14:55

I would recommend ko tao instead for diving as the weather on phi phi might make diving visibility low. The eastern side of Thailand gets less rain for some reason.

Plus the island itself is less developed and not as packed as phi phi can get.

#2 jnelson232 has been a member since 28/3/2011. Location: United States. Posts: 37

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.