Flag of Malaysia

Malaysia forum

8 hours in KL

• Dazmar

Joined Travelfish
    19th May, 2011

My girlfriend and I have an 8 hour stopover in KL and plan to head into the city for a few hours. Any suggestions on places to check out. Thanks

#1 Posted: 21/6/2011 - 10:20

• Advertisement

• caseyprich

Joined Travelfish
    3rd March, 2010
    Location China
    Total reviews: 53
    Places visited:
    At least 48

If you need a book - there is a fantastic bookstore in the mall under the Petronas Towers (KLCC mall top floor). There is some good/cheap food in Bukit Bintang (heart of downtown shopping) just a short walk directly west from the Bukit Bintang monorail stop. I've also heard the Zoo is really fantastic but I didn't have a chance to check it out when I was there.

http://www.malaxi.com/kuala_lumpur/images/jalan_bukit_bintang_map.jpg

#2 Posted: 21/6/2011 - 16:00

• Alec

Joined Travelfish
    2nd June, 2011

Definitely if you only got a few hours you should check out the Petronas Towers, which is pretty much the focal point of KL. Its located at the KLCC that caseyprich mentioned above. Also you can check out China Town at Petaling Street for some good Chinese food.

Cheers!

Providing unbiased, insightful, and up to date travel info to Asia!
    www.alectravelguide.com

#3 Posted: 24/6/2011 - 19:57

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.