Flag of Malaysia

Malaysia forum

One night in KL?

• silverteeth

Joined Travelfish
    11th April, 2011

Hello everyone!

I'm going to be stopping off in KL, as I fly from Siem Reap to Bali. I'm a bit pressed for time, but I'm thinking if I'm going to stop there anyhow, I might as well spend the night. Do you think it's worth changing money, getting out of the airport, finding accommodation, and then lugging myself back to the airport in the morning? Can I see and eat enough in KL in less than 24 hours to justify it?

Thanks!

#1 Posted: 7/7/2011 - 23:32

• Advertisement

• busylizzy

Joined Travelfish
    31st December, 2007
    Location New Zealand
    Total reviews: 20
    Places visited:
    At least 107

What time will you be getting in to KL, and what time are you leaving? Allow an hour to an hour and a half to get from the airport to KL city (allowing for phaffing around time). And what sort of things would you want to see if you were there?

In comes down to how much time do you have to spare, and does the budget allow for it? If you are on a tight budget, be sure to consider the costs of your accom for the night, and transport costs to/from the airport.

In my case, I decided to fly straight through on my upcoming trip, even though it's a 6-8 hour wait at the LCCT airport (yech!). If you can fly in and out on the same day, that would be my choice - so that you can spend the time at the destinations that you really wanted to see (ie Bali).

#2 Posted: 8/7/2011 - 04:59

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.