Photo: Kayaking Langkawi's mangroves.

Malaysia forum

Diving Malaysia Jan/Feb

Posted by BlueMarley on 15/8/2011 at 09:31

I need some help here. I'm hoping to travel in Malaysia from end of Jan to early Feb and I'm not sure where to go. It seems the weather can be quite different depending on what coast or Borneo you are on. The east coast sounds fantastic but I guess it's in the rainy season? I'd like some good beaches and diving, also like trekking, culture. Any suggestions and help figuring out the weather would be much appreciated. Thank you.

#1 BlueMarley has been a member since 7/5/2011. Posts: 10

Posted by joneseyo on 11/12/2011 at 01:15

I'm meeting Bluemarley there in Jan, so would also be very interested in any suggestions! Also should we be pre-booking somewhere to stay at this time of year in Malaysia?

#2 joneseyo has been a member since 11/12/2011. Posts: 3

Posted by inspiredbykrissi on 18/12/2011 at 07:54

If you wanted to skip Borneo then you can always give the Perhentians ago on the Peninsular. They are where i got qualified and I have heard form people ever since its probably the best valued site for diving in SEA. I would highly recommened Turtle Bay Divers on Perhentian Kecil.

#3 inspiredbykrissi has been a member since 9/12/2011. Posts: 68
 Website   Twitter 

Posted by joneseyo on 18/12/2011 at 13:54

Glad you liked it there! It looks great, but every company I've contacted says they don't start diving there until at least Feb, usually March. So we are looking for somewhere on the west side of peninsular if there is anywhere? Thanks!

#4 joneseyo has been a member since 11/12/2011. Posts: 3

Posted by inspiredbykrissi on 21/12/2011 at 00:11

Ahh yes you are right. The east coast is not in season untill at the very least February. Sorry dude i forgot. With regards to the West coast.i have no idea. Try and contact the schools on the East and ask them if they know of anywhere.

Good luck and happy diving :)

#5 inspiredbykrissi has been a member since 9/12/2011. Posts: 68
 Website   Twitter 

Posted by psyclist on 2/1/2012 at 21:08

Your only choice in Jan/Febr is Langkawi in West Malaysia. Otherwise it will be Borneo

#6 psyclist has been a member since 2/1/2012. Posts: 2

Posted by jonseyo on 2/1/2012 at 21:17

Thanks! We've actually decided to go to East Malaysia. We're trying to book Sipadan, but we've left it pretty late. If you hear of any openings Jan 25-30th let me know! Some of the other diving around there looks pretty spectacular too!

#7 jonseyo has been a member since 23/5/2011. Posts: 3

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.