Flag of Malaysia

Malaysia forum

Diving Malaysia Jan/Feb

• BlueMarley

Joined Travelfish
    7th May, 2011

I need some help here. I'm hoping to travel in Malaysia from end of Jan to early Feb and I'm not sure where to go. It seems the weather can be quite different depending on what coast or Borneo you are on. The east coast sounds fantastic but I guess it's in the rainy season? I'd like some good beaches and diving, also like trekking, culture. Any suggestions and help figuring out the weather would be much appreciated. Thank you.

#1 Posted: 15/8/2011 - 09:31

• Advertisement

• joneseyo

Joined Travelfish
    11th December, 2011

I'm meeting Bluemarley there in Jan, so would also be very interested in any suggestions! Also should we be pre-booking somewhere to stay at this time of year in Malaysia?

#2 Posted: 11/12/2011 - 01:15

• inspiredbyk-
    rissi

Joined Travelfish
    9th December, 2011

If you wanted to skip Borneo then you can always give the Perhentians ago on the Peninsular. They are where i got qualified and I have heard form people ever since its probably the best valued site for diving in SEA. I would highly recommened Turtle Bay Divers on Perhentian Kecil.

#3 Posted: 18/12/2011 - 07:54

• joneseyo

Joined Travelfish
    11th December, 2011

Glad you liked it there! It looks great, but every company I've contacted says they don't start diving there until at least Feb, usually March. So we are looking for somewhere on the west side of peninsular if there is anywhere? Thanks!

#4 Posted: 18/12/2011 - 13:54

• inspiredbyk-
    rissi

Joined Travelfish
    9th December, 2011

Ahh yes you are right. The east coast is not in season untill at the very least February. Sorry dude i forgot. With regards to the West coast.i have no idea. Try and contact the schools on the East and ask them if they know of anywhere.

Good luck and happy diving :)

#5 Posted: 21/12/2011 - 00:11

• psyclist

Joined Travelfish
    2nd January, 2012

Your only choice in Jan/Febr is Langkawi in West Malaysia. Otherwise it will be Borneo

#6 Posted: 2/1/2012 - 21:08

• jonseyo

Joined Travelfish
    23rd May, 2011

Thanks! We've actually decided to go to East Malaysia. We're trying to book Sipadan, but we've left it pretty late. If you hear of any openings Jan 25-30th let me know! Some of the other diving around there looks pretty spectacular too!

#7 Posted: 2/1/2012 - 21:17

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.