• caseyprich

Joined Travelfish
    3rd March, 2010
    Location China
    Total reviews: 53
    Places visited:
    At least 48

Hey all,

Haven't been on the board in a long time as recently Travelfish has been blocked in China. However, at a friend's place with a VPN so need to ask some advice as I'm preparing for my Spring Festival trip to Langkawi.

A couple questions:

1) What is the advice for things to do in Langkawi - I'm guessing beach, would like to hear any good ideas.

2) We've been recommended to stay at Panang Cenang. However, it sounds like that is the central beach, not very quiet. If you know of any cheaper accommodations on that beach that you would return to yourself I'd love to get the names. However, if you have any other beaches that can be had for a reasonable price (really looking to spend between 20 - 50 USD a night - ideally under 40) I'd appreciate hearing about it.

Appreciate any help,
    Casey

#1 Posted: 11/10/2011 - 17:26

• Advertisement

• caseyprich

Joined Travelfish
    3rd March, 2010
    Location China
    Places visited:
    At least 48

. . . bumb . . . meekly . . .

#2 Posted: 13/10/2011 - 08:58

• moer2237

Click here to learn more about moer2237
    Joined Travelfish
    20th April, 2010
    Location Malaysia

Besides beaches you could try cable car for a change. You can have great view from the hill top. Apart from sea water there is also a fresh water pond in Pulau Dayang Bunting for you to have a try.

There are other beach more quite like Pantai Kok & Tanjung Rhu.

Best of luck!
    Moer Ahmad
    www.mytravel22.com/kuala-lumpur-hotels.html

#3 Posted: 1/11/2011 - 13:16

• tezza

Joined Travelfish
    13th April, 2006
    Total reviews: 61

I like Cenang - although it's the main beach, my two high season visits have not seen it overcrowded. Some good value beachfront places are AB Motel, Sandy Bay, Sunset Beach and Malibest. Whole bunch of cheap places up lanes inland from the beach road at the north-west end too.
    You might check Agoda etc for Boutique Resort across the road from the beach - although lower midrange I got it for a pretty low price last trip.

Tengah is the adjacent beach - pretty nice but quieter. Good value places include Tropical Resort and Zachry's.

#4 Posted: 3/12/2011 - 23:16

• tezza

Joined Travelfish
    13th April, 2006
    Total reviews: 61

Oh yeah, things to do.
    Yep, the cable car is good value. The cultural village at the foot is okay. Nearby Seven Wells waterfalls area is sweet if you are fit and a visit to stunning white sand Tanjung Ruh beach is nice.

#5 Posted: 3/12/2011 - 23:26

• caseyprich

Joined Travelfish
    3rd March, 2010
    Location China
    Places visited:
    At least 48

I was booking over a month ago and found that AB, Sunset and others were filled up already - so if you want to go during Chinese New Year make sure to book well in advance. We ended up finding a place on the beach though - used Agoda, hadn't ever tried it out until this trip and a must recommend, better than trip advisor.

Thanks for the heads up on stuff to do.

#6 Posted: 4/12/2011 - 00:20

• asia4life

Joined Travelfish
    30th November, 2011
    Location Sweden
    Places visited:
    At least 111

Posted from within Vietnam.

Agree with tezza, I always stay with AB Motel, last year they beach view room where 120RM and those on the other side of the road 60RM.

A tip, rental price on sunbed extremely high, 10RM/day. Staying more than 5 days you better of buying or bringing your own sunchair.

The 4 Island trip arranged by almost all agencies are nice, and if you never met wild monkey Langkawi is the place. If you're lucky you can see the shy leaf hangers too.

A boat trip in the mangrove is nice, or rent a kajak and padle by your selves.

Please avoid the paraflying on the beach. They to not pay any attention to other guests swimming or sunbathing on the beach, and if you're not alert you have someone falling over you. We noticed one serious accident and a few minor ones last february.

Changing books are cheap, specially non-english, you pay 2RM only when exchange 1-1

#7 Posted: 8/12/2011 - 02:07

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Langkawi budget accomodation? ... By Sampan on 2 Dec 2009 3 4354 20 Feb 2012
Langkawi accomodation options ... By freiburger on 26 Aug 2013 10 2397 2 Nov 2013
Accomodation Question...sorry ... By ElectrO on 16 Sep 2008 4 1529 24 Sep 2008