Flag of Malaysia

Malaysia forum

Malaysia Itinerary

• mark_mcc85

Joined Travelfish
    28th August, 2011

Hi,

I'd be very grateful if anyone can give any tips or guidance for my itinerary in Malaysia over the next 1-2 weeks.

I have just arrived in Kuala Lumpur and plan on just spending one full day here (maybe two).

After KL I will get a bus either at the end of day one (2moro night) or possibly sometime in day two to Melaka , spending about 2 days here.

From Melaka I plan on travelling up to either the Cameron Highlands or Taman Negara. Most likely Taman Negara as I read on TravelFish that Cameron Highlands isn't in the same ballpark as Taman Negara.

How do I get to Taman Negara from Melaka - do I need to get the bus service to Jerantut and spend the night or can you spend the night easy enough in Taman Negara???

After a 1-2days in Taman Negara I will head to Penang . Can I head to Penang directly from Taman Negara or do I have to go back to Jerantut or elsewhere?

When I am in Penang I need to sort out my Thailand visa, apparently I can get a 30day visa sorted here - as I will be heading to the Thai Islands by a Ferry from Langkawi.

So after a few days in Penang I head to Langkawi by Ferry. After 3-5days here I head to Koh Lipe by Ferry.

I am catching up with a friend in one of the 3 main party Islands for Xmas in Thailand - being Ko Tao, Ko Pha-Ngan or Ko Samui - any recommendations which would be the best of the three for Xmas?? This is also why my itinerary is so tight for Malaysia unfortunately.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks,

Mark

#1 Posted: 23/11/2011 - 08:07

• Advertisement

• tezza

Joined Travelfish
    13th April, 2006
    Total reviews: 61

If you are midrange or better you will find Samui offeres more at Christmas.
    Budget/flashpacker - Phangan.
    Diver/snorkeller - Tao

#2 Posted: 3/12/2011 - 23:46

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.