Photo: Kayaking Langkawi's mangroves.

Malaysia forum

Nature/Highlands - any help greatful

Posted by mattspeak on 13/12/2011 at 17:56

Hi Thanks for reading!

My partner and I have decided to do a week of a trip away from a beach and we'd like to do a trek/hike through some amazing scenery – i would love to see miles and miles of rice paddy's – just to remind myself that im actually in asia. My partner wants to see some nature too...which shouldn't be hard!

So, if we're coming from Penang – i guess it would be natural to suggest cameron highlands.... but I'm not sold – would it be wet wet wet around the start of Jan? is it relatively commericalised with so many Malaysians coming for a weekend and will I really feel as how I'm in Asia? I also don't want to walk in the complete rain for 8hrs a day – would this be a real possibility?

I dont mind spending $80 on a flight to say Indonesia, or we'll be around Krabi – any suggestions?

Thanks for your time,

Matthew

#1 mattspeak has been a member since 8/11/2010. Posts: 7

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.