Flag of Malaysia

Malaysia forum

KLIA to LCCT... cutting it REAL fine.. advice?

• mattspeak

Joined Travelfish
    8th November, 2010

OK, some really needed advice here...

I've just realised that AirAisa doesn't depart from the 'normal' terminal. I'm cutting it really really fine so I was wondering whether people could offer any tips at KUL to speed everything up?

7.05 Arrival from London on Malaysia Airlines

8.35 Take off from LCCT airasia to Penang

Oh and yes, urm, we have one bag to check in :(

We're pretty young and fit so we don't mind running ;) is there any tips people want to suggest? What to head for / what signs to follow? I know it's tight, but we can only try!!

Thanks for your advice..

Matt

#1 Posted: 18/12/2011 - 07:51

• Advertisement

• busylizzy

Joined Travelfish
    31st December, 2007
    Location New Zealand
    Total reviews: 20
    Places visited:
    At least 107

Yes, you're cutting it very fine.

Bus: 30 mins - info here: http://lcct.klia.com.my/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=26

Trains:
    This website here will give you info about the trains/shuttles between the two airports: http://www.kliaekspres.com/erlsb/LCCT/tabid/158/Default.aspx.

Basically you will get a bus shuttle to Salak Tinggi, then cross over to the trainline to catch the train to KLIA. Of course, you will have to have all planets lined up for you to ensure a smooth transition with minimal waitibg.

The alternative is to get a taxi of course and pay him extra to defy all local laws to get you there on time. But I honestly have no idea which would be the quicker option.

Is there any way you can turn your 1 bag into two bags that you can check in?

#2 Posted: 18/12/2011 - 14:01

• childly1979

Joined Travelfish
    27th October, 2010

I would say, it's the best to take a taxi rather than public transport... The other thing is can do the web check-in for air asia flight, make sure print-out the boarding pass. And for the luggage, u can check it in at the baggage drop-in counter. Usually, flight for air asia delays for 20 mins to 45 mins up to hour.

#3 Posted: 25/12/2011 - 21:56

• EurasiaTrav-
    eller

Joined Travelfish
    18th October, 2010

your timetable suggests that you will be missing your connecting flight with a likelyhood of 60-70%.
    to be more frank: what you plan is completely crazy.
    it is about 20 km by road to get to the LCCT from the main terminal (as you can not just walk accross the runway). a Cab costs 35 RM if I remember that right and takes at least 15-20 minutes. taking the Bus, plan at least 1 hour to get from one terminal to the other (those regular public Buses don't run that frequently).

It is recommended that you leave AT LEAST 2.5 - 3 hrs between connecting flights if it involves a change from KLIA to LCCT or in the other direction.

You might be lucky that your overseas flight arrives early (which is often the case) but the risk is huge. Don't do that - that is all I can say.

I have seen young travelers missing fligths on AirAsia so many times..... and Oh Boy, they were sooooooo confident and optimistic that they would make it (and then started yelling and screaming at AA check-in counter when they arrived there 40 minutes prior to departure and had to learn the check-in indeed closes EXACTLY 45 minutes before scheduled departure time, no matter if the actual flight is delayed or not, which is not so common anymore these days. Oh, me myself missed a flight from KUL to Padang too a few years ago - arriving just 42 minutes before departure - but was closed already. If I knew it before, I could have easily taken a Cab from downtown KL instead of the LCCT-Shuttle-Bus, but I did not expect they would be soooooo strict.

#4 Posted: 6/2/2012 - 23:30

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
KLIA-LCCT to Melaka by bus ... By Babalugats on 20 Nov 2013 5 1542 23 Nov 2013