Flag of Malaysia

Malaysia forum

Malaysia in Feb! Visa Question.

• PhilandLuisa

Joined Travelfish
    23rd March, 2011

Hi All

We have resigned from our jobs and booked our tickets for our 3 month trip through SEA! We will be kicking off our trip in Malaysia and we are really looking forward to it. We will be flying into KL and as I understand it we do not require a visa for a stay up to 30 days (we are South African passport holders). I have read on some websites that for this to apply we will require proof of onward depature (our air tickets are one way). Is this true and has anybody had a problem with this? Would a ferry ticket suffice as we plan on taking a ferry from Langkawi to Thailand.

Thanks for your help,

Phil

#1 Posted: 4/1/2012 - 06:24

• Advertisement

• tyler

Joined Travelfish
    7th December, 2010
    Location Canada
    Places visited:
    At least 71

Congratulations on the unemployment! The onward travel/visa issue has never come up for me. I have been to many Asian countries (Malaysia included) and have never been asked for onward travel proof. That being said - I am Canadian, it might be different for South African citizens...
    The only issue coming from the west tends to be Americans boarding their airlines in the USA. Some USA airlines require proof of onward travel before boarding/departure.
    My advice would be to contact your airlines and the South African Consulate in Malaysia (if there is one!) and run your question by one or both of them.
    Have a great time.

#2 Posted: 4/1/2012 - 09:37

• PhilandLuisa

Joined Travelfish
    23rd March, 2011

Thanks for the reply Tyler. I will check up with the good people at Saudi Airlines!

#3 Posted: 5/1/2012 - 06:48

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.