Flag of Malaysia

Malaysia forum

Perhentain Islands

• RACHYPF

Joined Travelfish
    13th November, 2009

Anyone been to Perhentian islands in March?What is the snorkelling like?
    Would you reccommend it?

#1 Posted: 31/1/2012 - 09:55

• Advertisement

• idreamofdur-
    ian

TF writer
    Click here to learn more about idreamofdurian
    Joined Travelfish
    5th September, 2008
    Location Singapore
    Total reviews: 4

They're STUNNING. I have never seen such crystal clear water and the snorkeling was great - Hawksbill sea turtles and reef sharks in addition to the usual fish and corals.

I highly recommend it!

#2 Posted: 1/2/2012 - 08:44

• chinarocks

Joined Travelfish
    17th June, 2011

Monsoon season will just be finishing so it appears best to leave it until mid to late March to make sure you miss the tail end of it.

#3 Posted: 2/2/2012 - 06:18

• ewilder

Joined Travelfish
    4th May, 2012

Perhentians are great! Snorkeling and diving are amazing there. Though like chinarocks mentioned monsoon season will still be kind hit and miss so you could be in for some crappy weather. I would aim for later in the month if you can. I usually tend to spend at least a week there in June and it's perfect!

#4 Posted: 4/5/2012 - 10:29

• adneilme

Joined Travelfish
    4th April, 2007
    Location Malaysia
    Total reviews: 6

Hi I am looking for travel a buddy to Perhentian Island in June. Planning to go there around 27th June to 29th June. Local guy here but I have traveled to most of Asia countries as a backpacker. Let me know if someone happens to go there around the mention dates.

#5 Posted: 7/5/2012 - 09:46

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.