Flag of Malaysia

Malaysia forum

Nightlife in KL

• nokiadude

Joined Travelfish
    13th February, 2012

Hi,

I'll be spending a couple of nights in Kuala Lumpur. What neighborhoods would be good to stay to enjoy the nightlife and also is close to public transport? Thanks.

#1 Posted: 18/2/2012 - 03:20

• Advertisement

• caseyprich

Joined Travelfish
    3rd March, 2010
    Location China
    Total reviews: 53
    Places visited:
    At least 48

Bukit Bingtang - on the monorail so easy access to KL Sentral, short hop and interchange over to KLCC, and ride up to Kampung Baru for more local eating scene. If you stay on Tingkat Tong Shin where some hostels and guesthouses are you are five minutes from the monorail and two minutes from both Jalan Alor (Chinese street food) and Changkat Bukit Bingtang (Bar & Club street), along with proximity to many Indian restaurants. A quiet place to stay that is nice, Sahabat Guesthouse. For meeting people I'd recommend either the back alley but social staff of Homestyle Hotel or I've always noticed a lot of backpackers hanging out at the guesthouse across from Anggun Boutique Guesthouse, can't remember the name of it.

Lots of people may recommend Chinatown, it is also just a couple stops on the monorail.

#2 Posted: 18/2/2012 - 05:23

• nokiadude

Joined Travelfish
    13th February, 2012

Awesome! Thank you!

#3 Posted: 18/2/2012 - 07:57

• micheldsouz-
    a11

Joined Travelfish
    19th January, 2012

Malaysia is a beautiful place which is famous for its nightlife as well. After a busy day schedule its time to enjoy and get relaxed at night with some fun. For fun these things which you consider in your post are great.

#4 Posted: 27/2/2012 - 23:37

• johan1

Joined Travelfish
    20th March, 2012

good information.
    thanks

#5 Posted: 30/3/2012 - 07:29

• shefajit

Joined Travelfish
    27th March, 2012

In club, hive of activity usually begins from 10 pm onwards though some nightspots open earlier. Karaoke is another popular activity, usually among Chinese who just love to bellow or croon oldies and contemporary pop music from Hong Kong, regardless of the breaking windows!

Limousine Service Orange County

#6 Posted: 2/4/2012 - 03:23

• moer2237

Click here to learn more about moer2237
    Joined Travelfish
    20th April, 2010
    Location Malaysia

A well recommended place would be Beach Club off Jalan Sultan Ismail. Walking distance to Petronas Twin Tower & just 3 mins walk to the Monorail public transport.

#7 Posted: 13/7/2012 - 21:30

• altmtl

Click here to learn more about altmtl
    Joined Travelfish
    18th May, 2009
    Location Earth
    Total reviews: 5

Looks like I'll be spending at least 4 nights in KL myself in Feb, as well as some time in Meleka - I was wondering how the two compare - both seem to have very active Chinatown's and Little India in KL sounds like a good visit (Sat. Market)

#8 Posted: 27/8/2012 - 06:41

• MADMAC

Joined Travelfish
    6th June, 2009
    Total reviews: 10

Just in case you dance man:

http://www.salsapower.com/cities/malaysia.htm

#9 Posted: 29/8/2012 - 22:07

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.