Flag of Malaysia

Malaysia forum

Hotel Recommendation for KL

• dmcrory

Joined Travelfish
    26th December, 2007
    Total reviews: 3

Everyone I need a good Hotel Recommendation for KL. Almost every hotel on Trip Advisor has a bad reviews. Has any one stayed at the "Lotus Family Hotel"? Is it ok?

I am 46 years old professional want to pay between $35.00 to $60.00USD. I want it a non-smoking, quiet, safe room with a window.

What area of the city should I be looking in? Any other recommendations.

Is AirAsia the cheapest to go from Bangkok to KL? Any tips here.

Any site see recommendations in KL?
    Can you take the train from KL to Singapore?
    Canadian Citizenship what are the Visa requirements for Malaysia. VOA?

Thanks

Dan

#1 Posted: 3/3/2012 - 08:09

• Advertisement

• SimplyEnak

Click here to learn more about SimplyEnak
    Joined Travelfish
    20th January, 2012
    Location Malaysia

Hi Dan,

It sounds like you would like to be located close to the center of KL? Have you checked out places like 'The Nest'? Or Sarang Galloway? both are under the B&B section of TripAdvisor and would fit your price range. I would suggest finding a place near Bukit Bintang as this is easiest for you to navigate the city.

AirAsia is usually the cheapest to Bangkok, just make sure you book early.

Kuala Lumpur has plenty of things to see and do, you'll find a lot of suggestions on Lonely Planet. A few tips, Chinatown, Birdpark, Batu Caves and don't forget the great food you'll find everywhere!

You'll get a visa on arrival. Fore more info check the immigration website of Malaysia.

Enjoy your stay in KL!

Pauline

#2 Posted: 3/3/2012 - 19:46

• DLuek

TF writer
    Joined Travelfish
    19th June, 2008
    Location Thailand
    Total reviews: 14

Hi,

I just got in to KL yesterday and got a room at YY38 Hotel just off Bukit Bintang. I have to say it's a solid choice - about US $35 for a small but clean and adequate room. It's a good budget choice that's not a "backpacker" joint. A/C, window, good hot water shower, comfy bed, clean, good location, free WiFi, TV with English channels, good security.

Just walking around this area there are at least a dozen other hotels within a block of this place, and it looks like there are plenty of good options in your price range here, all of which appear to have vacancy. For my first time here I wanted to have a room pre-booked but next time I'll probably come back to this area, walk around and check out a few places until I find the right one. On the other hand YY38 is perfectly suitable for me after one night so I might just come back here.

Oh and don't worry if you don't have an adapter for the three pronged square plugs - they sell them at 7/11 for cheap.

#3 Posted: 3/3/2012 - 21:58

• goonistik

Joined Travelfish
    7th January, 2010
    Location Philippines
    Places visited:
    At least 9

Yes, it is possible to take a train or bus from KL to Singapore. There is more info about the train here:

http://www.seat61.com/Malaysia.htm

Bus info here:

http://www.journeymalaysia.com/ptasingapore.htm

#4 Posted: 5/3/2012 - 00:38

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Recommendation for adding Hong Ky Hotel&Cafe Restaurant on your hotel list ... By nguyenquoctedb on 6 Jun 2008 0 2538 6 Jun 2008
Hotel recommendation ... By takezo on 14 Nov 2013 4 739 26 Nov 2013
Chiang Mai hotel recommendation - Dec-27 - Dec-30 ... By leland on 29 Nov 2013 4 656 8 Dec 2013
Hotel recommendation for Luang Prabang please? ... By EdwardTrunk on 13 Oct 2013 4 976 18 Oct 2013
Hotel Recommendation in Siem Reap ... By Apoloplaza on 26 Mar 2014 0 548 26 Mar 2014