Flag of Malaysia

Malaysia forum

Trains and Visas

• jennegg

Joined Travelfish
    16th April, 2012

Hi, me and my friend are getting a train from phuket to singapore, we plan to stop off in kuala lumpur for a week or so. Does the 90 day stay still apply (we are from the uk). Do we need to go somewere to get a "tourist card" I heard about? Help very much appreciated? Oh and is it the same for singapore??

#1 Posted: 16/4/2012 - 11:41

• Advertisement

• captainbkk

Joined Travelfish
    16th February, 2012

1.there is no train into Phuket-closest by is Surat. Simply forget it-bus to HaadYai-that guidebook has all the info. Newbies tend to do amazing things to use those rolling museum things out of anxiety or fear.
    2.yes-at any border you get stamped in- IF the officers are kind enough-as its not a ''right'' but at their discretion- to stamp you in for 90 days- or 30. You have to fill out an entry form at ANY border-part of which is attached into passpt and taken on leave. There is now ALSO fingerprinting.
    3. again a Q to be found in ANY guidebook-these things are not yet obsolete: SIN follows same proc. (as does TH by the way), but there you get 14 ( or was that 15?) days.

#2 Posted: 22/4/2012 - 06:28

• caseyprich

Joined Travelfish
    3rd March, 2010
    Location China
    Total reviews: 53
    Places visited:
    At least 48

I love trains!

#3 Posted: 22/4/2012 - 09:11

• traveloworld

Joined Travelfish
    14th June, 2012

Hi,
    Hope you enjoy the malaysia travel but unfortunately i don't know about the "tourist card".

#4 Posted: 21/6/2012 - 04:22

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.