Photo: Kayaking Langkawi's mangroves.

Malaysia forum

Trains and Visas

Posted by jennegg on 16/4/2012 at 11:41

Hi, me and my friend are getting a train from phuket to singapore, we plan to stop off in kuala lumpur for a week or so. Does the 90 day stay still apply (we are from the uk). Do we need to go somewere to get a "tourist card" I heard about? Help very much appreciated? Oh and is it the same for singapore??

#1 jennegg has been a member since 16/4/2012. Posts: 1

Posted by captainbkk on 22/4/2012 at 06:28

1.there is no train into Phuket-closest by is Surat. Simply forget it-bus to HaadYai-that guidebook has all the info. Newbies tend to do amazing things to use those rolling museum things out of anxiety or fear.
2.yes-at any border you get stamped in- IF the officers are kind enough-as its not a ''right'' but at their discretion- to stamp you in for 90 days- or 30. You have to fill out an entry form at ANY border-part of which is attached into passpt and taken on leave. There is now ALSO fingerprinting.
3. again a Q to be found in ANY guidebook-these things are not yet obsolete: SIN follows same proc. (as does TH by the way), but there you get 14 ( or was that 15?) days.

#2 captainbkk has been a member since 16/2/2012. Posts: 472

Posted by caseyprich on 22/4/2012 at 09:11

I love trains!

#3 caseyprich has been a member since 3/3/2010. Location: China. Posts: 1,281
 Where has caseyprich been? 

Posted by traveloworld on 21/6/2012 at 04:22

Hi,
Hope you enjoy the malaysia travel but unfortunately i don't know about the "tourist card".

#4 traveloworld has been a member since 14/6/2012. Posts: 13

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.