Flag of Malaysia

Malaysia forum

From Taiping to Kuantan by car, some regular traveller please suggest a best route.

• DaHong

Joined Travelfish
    23rd May, 2012

During this year, I have to travel to Kuantan a few times by road. Someone please help me to suggest a route to Kuantan. It could be :
    1. The fastest, shortest journey.
    2. Many township stopages but interesting.
    Thank you.

#1 Posted: 23/5/2012 - 22:47

• Advertisement

• myhasri

Joined Travelfish
    7th June, 2012
    Location Malaysia

DaHong,

1. Kuantan is at the east coast of Peninsular Malaysia while Taiping is at West Coast. It is difficult to have a direct access as in the middle between them is the mighty highlands of middle peninsular. The best and sensible way is you have to go to Kuala Lumpur first thru North-South Highway (3 hours) and from Kuala Lumpur take the East Coast Highway (Lebuhraya Pantai Timur - LPT) to Kuantan (approximate 2 hours).

2. The other way is thru Kuala Kangsar, Grik, Kelantan dan go down thru Gua Musang but it is way more longer.. my suggestion, use the first method.

#2 Posted: 7/6/2012 - 09:32

• terryoz

Joined Travelfish
    18th August, 2012

Agree with myhasri option 1 will be good but if you are interested to see small towns during the journey then use the trunk road.

#3 Posted: 18/8/2012 - 21:50

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
First time traveller help and advice please :-) Route/places to see? ... By Christine27 on 14 Sep 2010 2 2556 17 Sep 2010