Flag of Malaysia

Malaysia forum

Where to go on a 10 day 'stopover' in Malaysia en route to Jakarta?

• pollitoriqu-
    ito

Joined Travelfish
    14th April, 2012

Hi everyone,

My girlfriend arrives in Kuala Lumpur on July 30th and has to be in Jakarta on August 8th to meet family and friends.
    She plans to stay these 10 days in Malaysia and I'm trying to plan something for her.

What would Travelfishers suggest?

I'm looking at going KUL-PEN upon arrival (she arrives in KUL at 4 am approx) and then flying PEN-Jakarta.

Will she get bored with 10 days in Penang?
    Would you recommend another destination?

She would like to see some cool things and relax, but isn't a hardcore sightseer and this is more of a "killing time" stopover due to visa timings... Budget also matter so cheap domestic flights/transport and connections to Jakarta are important.

Conclusion: she's open to suggestions, but doesn't want to be overly ambitious during these 10 days!

Thanks for the advice!

#1 Posted: 18/6/2012 - 12:10

• Advertisement

• jenchew

Joined Travelfish
    18th June, 2012

hi, maybe you can try to use the private transport rental with chauffeur service. so that in 10 days you can go wherever you want, if any time you change mind also can suit your time. you can try KL to Cameron Highland relax for few days in guest house or hotel (depend on your budget) then follow by Ipoh, Penang . and fly from Penang to Jakarta

#2 Posted: 19/6/2012 - 05:08

• chinarocks

Joined Travelfish
    17th June, 2011

Also, check out the Perhentian Islands. They are very nice and I was on them at this exact time (i.e. early August) a few years ago and the weather was nice.

Perhentians and Penang in 10 days would be just right and fly out of Penang (if possible).

#3 Posted: 19/6/2012 - 05:44

• moer2237

Click here to learn more about moer2237
    Joined Travelfish
    20th April, 2010
    Location Malaysia

Frankly Penang just a small island that you can cover in 3 days. So 10 days in Penang would be a bit boring for me.

Just a suggestion, why not 3 days in KL, 3 days in Penang & 3 days in Langkawi. I'll bet she loves it.

All the best!
    Moer
    Kuala Lumpur hotels

#4 Posted: 13/7/2012 - 21:25

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Stopover in Seoul en route to Bangkok? ... By exacto on 9 Feb 2009 7 7836 11 Mar 2012