Flag of Malaysia

Malaysia forum

Itinerary

• tarakelly09

Joined Travelfish
    16th April, 2012

Hi Guys,

Myself and my boyfriend our going to SE Asia for the first time. We have around 3 weeks to spend in Malaysia-I really want to see Borneo. Just wondering if anybody could help us to decide the best way to fit everything in? We are arrriving in July.

Appreciate all the help we can get.

Thanks,
    Tara

#1 Posted: 18/6/2012 - 13:34

• Advertisement

• busylizzy

Joined Travelfish
    31st December, 2007
    Location New Zealand
    Total reviews: 20
    Places visited:
    At least 107

What are your plans exactly? You want help 'fitting everything in' but don't say what it is your are trying to fit in, aside from Borneo.

What areas of Malaysia are you aiming for? Heading for the cities to do some shopping or to the islands for snorkelling?

#2 Posted: 18/6/2012 - 14:55

• jenchew

Joined Travelfish
    18th June, 2012

you enter malaysia directly go to borneo or from KL first?

#3 Posted: 19/6/2012 - 05:02

• tarakelly09

Joined Travelfish
    16th April, 2012

Thanks for the replies. We are flying into Singapore! We'd mostly be looking to see the major sites. We won't be doing too much shopping. Sightseeing and culture would be the main objectives

#4 Posted: 19/6/2012 - 10:30

• Siah

Joined Travelfish
    26th December, 2012
    Location Malaysia

Hi,

If sightseeing and culture are your main objectives, I guess Sabah is a good place. Here, you can expect to see the indigenous people (who used to plant cocoa during the olden days). You might want to arrange for a stay in a longhouse (that accommodates the ENTIRE village!) and live with the Rungus people. Apart from that, you may visit a Gong factory nearby.

In Sandakan, you may see the Puu Jii Shih temple, situated on top of a mountain, where you can have a view of the entire Sandakan town. A visit to the islands is a must in Sandakan! Visit Lankayan Island, a very tiny island that offers snorkelling and kayaking facilities.

Contact me at siahbk92@gmail.com, I am a local in Sandakan and I don't mind to provide transportation services if I'm at home during my semester breaks!

:) Have a great day!

#5 Posted: 26/12/2012 - 09:51

• robinwhite

Joined Travelfish
    9th January, 2013

There are lots of places you can visit :
    Bakao National Park
    Marudi
    Mukah
    Niah Caves national park etc
    Take your necessary things before enjoying here.You can use internet for further details.

#6 Posted: 6/2/2013 - 17:04

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.