Flag of Malaysia

Malaysia forum

Malaysian Island

• JeniferRobe-
    rt

Joined Travelfish
    7th September, 2012

Hey i m Jenifer from Australia. I had visited Malaysia few years ago and i enjoyed alot. I visited Penang and Langkawi. It was a very great experience and bcz of that im planning to visit Malaysia again at the end of September.

I have herd alot about Melaka Port Dickson and a few Islands of Johar like Puala Rawa, Puala Sibu and Puala Besar and i m planning to visit these places this time.

I wanted to ask that i will visit these places in the first two weeks of October so what type of weather will i experience in these places and will i be able to have a good time on the beach.

I also wanted to ask that which one of these islands is a better choice to visit and which of these has good resorts and water sports.

#1 Posted: 7/9/2012 - 14:12

• Advertisement

• ainnossro

Joined Travelfish
    2nd July, 2012

hey you might want to travel to Sabah and visit the Sipadan and Mabul island. Sipadan is one of the top 10 diving spot in the world. I'll be travelling there from 27 Sept till 4 Oct. Please reply to me if you would like to join me :)

#2 Posted: 24/9/2012 - 00:22

• john48

Joined Travelfish
    26th September, 2012

Hi, I am john from Florida. I like surfing very much. I visited Mabul island.last year.I love water and water games since 11 years. My tour to Malaysia was very enjoyful. I enjoyed kite surfing there very much... .

#3 Posted: 27/9/2012 - 05:50

• altmtl

Click here to learn more about altmtl
    Joined Travelfish
    18th May, 2009
    Location Earth
    Total reviews: 5

I might be interested in a few islands near Melaka, but only in Feb. Are they worth the trip?

#4 Posted: 27/9/2012 - 07:39

• buswhiz

Joined Travelfish
    14th October, 2012

Nope, the island near Melaka such as Pulau Besar is not worth the trip.. I would suggest to go to Pulau Pangkor which is near to the Perak state..

#5 Posted: 14/10/2012 - 23:54

• imranarish

Joined Travelfish
    5th September, 2012

Pangkor is worth a trip.
    It is a very beautiful place.

#6 Posted: 16/2/2013 - 11:55

• jamesonridl-
    ey

Joined Travelfish
    7th February, 2013

i chose for Perhentians, beautiful Islands and great diving..

#7 Posted: 26/2/2013 - 05:48

• robinwhite

Joined Travelfish
    9th January, 2013

Malaysia is an exotic destination for spend vacations. It is famous because of its islands. There number of islands in Malaysia but Tioman Island one of the Island of Malaysia.

#8 Posted: 6/3/2013 - 18:26

• ragbird

Joined Travelfish
    3rd March, 2013

Pangkor, Perhentian and Tioman are definitely my top 3.

#9 Posted: 7/3/2013 - 03:21

• ahmadkhusai-
    ri

Joined Travelfish
    3rd May, 2013
    Location Malaysia

My suggestion is Perhentian Kecil Island located at Terengganu.
    I just came back from a short trip there.
    Worth it.
    Beautiful beach and a great place for snorkeling.

#10 Posted: 3/5/2013 - 04:50

• Advertisement

• chopin

Joined Travelfish
    28th April, 2007
    Total reviews: 2

Hi Jennifer,

The best islands on West Malaysia are on the east coast, like Perhentian, Redang, Lang Tengah, and Tioman. But unfortunately, October onwards will be Monsoon period and the weather will be bad - refer http://www.journeymalaysia.com/MI_redangbest.htm

In October most of the country is rainy, but the west coast is not that bad as the east. if you still wish to go to islands and beaches, then Langkawi sounds great (http://www.tripadvisor.com.my/Travel-g298283-s208/Langkawi:Malaysia:Weather.And.When.To.Go.html)

Pangkor can be considered but might not be as beautiful as Langkawi. Penang - has lots of water sports, but the beaches are not that fantastic, however, in terms of culture and mixture of experience, no other islands can come close to it. Maybe you can include both Langkawi and Penang in your trip - you will enjoy!

#11 Posted: 22/5/2013 - 08:31

• homesvet

Joined Travelfish
    19th June, 2013

I might be interested in a few islands near Melaka

#12 Posted: 20/6/2013 - 00:14

• ongjoel

Joined Travelfish
    6th December, 2013
    Location Singapore
    Places visited:
    At least 9

Thanks for all share useful information! It is so good for our next planning trip to Malaysia

#13 Posted: 9/12/2013 - 03:06

• Vitalis

Joined Travelfish
    17th December, 2013

I'd absolutely go for Tanjung Kling. I had a two -week holiday last September, and it was totally awesome!!!

#14 Posted: 18/12/2013 - 00:31

• Rishabh01

Joined Travelfish
    22nd January, 2014
    Location India

Hello,

We had a splendid holiday on Puala Rawa Island Safaris Resort. It's a wonderful place both for friends, couples and families... The unique nature, the ambiance and the people who care lovingly and attentively to their guests.Its was a great experience of my life so suggest you to go there.

Thanks....

#15 Posted: 22/1/2014 - 03:42

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.