Photo: Kayaking Langkawi's mangroves.

Malaysia forum

Sending a package overseas from Malaysia?

Posted by altmtl on 22/9/2012 at 16:29

Is POS Malaysia reliable? I send packages from Thailand to Canada all the time, never had a problem. May want to send one from KL my next trip. How does it compare to Thai Post in terms of cost? Which I find quite reasonable in Thailand btw.

#1 altmtl has been a member since 18/5/2009. Location: Canada. Posts: 992
 Website   Twitter   Facebook  

Posted by goonistik on 22/9/2012 at 23:27

Altmtl,

Here is the postal calculator
http://www.pos.com.my/pos/personal/rates.aspx

I would say POS Malaysia is reasonably reliable, just expect delays for the non-courier service.

#2 goonistik has been a member since 7/1/2010. Location: Philippines. Posts: 562
 Where has goonistik been? 

Posted by savorygal on 23/9/2012 at 09:21

I have sent packages to the US from Thailand, Laos, India, Sri lanka, Indonesia & Malaysia . Malaysia was the easiest, most hassle free & least expensive. There is a post office in the Bukit Bintang shopping mall. They will also provide a box & wrapping service for a small fee. I sent the package by sea mail and it arrived within 2 months... pretty good for sea mail.

#3 savorygal has been a member since 16/7/2010. Posts: 162
 Website 

Posted by altmtl on 18/10/2012 at 09:00

#4 altmtl has been a member since 18/5/2009. Location: Canada. Posts: 992
 Website   Twitter   Facebook  

Posted by AbgAcid on 22/10/2012 at 22:10

Certainly,.. Pos Malaysia is as good a any postal service anywhere. I used to send packages, clothings, books etc etc to my daughter when she was studying overseas. None were a problem.

#5 AbgAcid has been a member since 28/11/2009. Location: Malaysia. Posts: 162

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.