Flag of Malaysia

Malaysia forum

KL to Hat yai

• danni87

Joined Travelfish
    7th November, 2010

Hello all!

My friend and I are landing into KL 22nd october and plan to get to Bangkok by the 28th to meet friends. Does anyone have any highlights to do enroute and around KL?
    My plan at present is to spend 2 nights in KL to explore then train to Penang and George town then train to Hat yai and flight up to Bangkok. A friend said to go to Klang? is this an island?

Would be brilliant to get help!

Thanks! Dannie

#1 Posted: 6/10/2012 - 03:15

• Advertisement

• MADMAC

Joined Travelfish
    6th June, 2009
    Total reviews: 10

Hat Yai - if you like Karaoke bars and bar girls, that place is for you.

#2 Posted: 6/10/2012 - 07:04

• danni87

Joined Travelfish
    7th November, 2010

Hat yai is just as a point to fly up to bangkok, so will be there for a matter of hours but thank you for your information

#3 Posted: 6/10/2012 - 07:11

• captainbkk

Joined Travelfish
    16th February, 2012

besides trains there are far more and quicker buses. Seat61 tends to deceive ignorant newbies in that respect-open a guidebook.
    K(e)lang: there are many.
    1.a boring and not very well-off suburb of KUL.
    2.in Thai it simply means ''middle'' and thus there are dozens+dozens more of towns, islands etc. that have that name in it-beside the other main name.
    This is the MY board, and in fact the 1 option that people with more time may take to visit are the Cameron Hihglands, about halfway/to the side of the main KUL-PNG road/rail (ipoh/Tapah road). HYai is just a big transitpoint-it often gets flooded around oct/nov.

#4 Posted: 14/10/2012 - 07:21

• altmtl

Click here to learn more about altmtl
    Joined Travelfish
    18th May, 2009
    Location Earth
    Total reviews: 5

I'll be taking the night train from Hat Yai to KL... hate night buses.

#5 Posted: 14/10/2012 - 07:55

• buswhiz

Joined Travelfish
    14th October, 2012

The journey by train is longer than taking a bus.. however, please take note that the custom at Thailand only open from 7am to 7pm.. correct me if i am wrong.. thanks

#6 Posted: 14/10/2012 - 23:47

• danni87

Joined Travelfish
    7th November, 2010

Hello!! Thanks all for your replys...I am now flying into bangkok from KL as I need a 30 day visa. So now we are stuck with the decision where to go to get back to KL in 5 days...? Is it too far to go to penang and back?

Thanks Danni!

#7 Posted: 15/10/2012 - 02:00

• saifeena

Joined Travelfish
    15th November, 2012

It all depends! You can actully hang out in Penang like what you mentioned as there arre also many things over there that can be covered. Another option, would be Pulau Langkawi! A beautiful plave to really enjoy the nature and happenings in a fun way! [img]smileys/smile.gif[/img]

Saifeena
    Book bus tickets online

#8 Posted: 19/11/2012 - 03:27

• mariajames

Joined Travelfish
    29th September, 2012

I am now aerial into bangkok from KL as I charge a 30 day visa. So now we are ashore with the accommodation area to go to get aback to KL in 5 days

#9 Posted: 21/11/2012 - 10:33

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.