Flag of Malaysia

Malaysia forum

Tell me about Petronas towers

• yomanvin

Joined Travelfish
    19th October, 2012
    Location India

Hey guys,

Which train line and which stop to reach the petronas towers(or the golden triangle for that matter)? And what's the deal with the sky bridge? Is there a separate entry fee?

And foodies, could you recommend anything totally worth trying for a budget traveler.

Thanks in advance!

#1 Posted: 6/11/2012 - 01:12

• Advertisement

• mickeymouse

Joined Travelfish
    2nd December, 2012

You can check out their official website here:
    http://www.petronastwintowers.com.my/

Taking train would be easiest and fastest way, you can stop at KLCC and walk to Petronas Towers (not that far). I remember that they only allow limited numbers of guests to go up there a day but I am not sure how many. You can call and check first before you decide to go.

I am foodies but I have heard that Petaling Jaya area has pretty good local street food. I have never been there to be honest so I can't really say which is good. I normally find restaurant by Bukit Bintang and KLCC area, there are plenty of them to choose from.

#2 Posted: 2/12/2012 - 22:05

• captainbkk

Joined Travelfish
    16th February, 2012

Petronas is the HQ of the Malay state oil comp-and noone not working is allwoed in.
    The skybridge somewhere high up there is open for public view-free- only IF you line up-before 8.00 and get the ticket for an allotted timeslot. You first get a PR-movie to see and then are let free for 15 mins on that brdige. And thats it. Another higher veiwtower-deck is closeby-and is open all day-for a price. Its all in any normal guidebook.
    PJ has about the very worst of streetfood there is to be found-125% touristy. Thus most likely very attractive for farang foodies.
    In fact there is not very much real streetfood at all in Kl-most of it is served in the numerous foodcourts-in about any shopping centre or offciepark.

#3 Posted: 4/12/2012 - 02:11

• Amazingasia

Joined Travelfish
    6th December, 2012

To visit and reach the footbridge, you are bound to take a guided visit. The visit is free of charge, but a good organisation and time are necessary... Indeed, you have to hold a ticket which can be got inside the two towers, from 8:30 AM (it's marked and if you don't find it, you just need to ask someone). The ticket gives the visiting hour (time slots of 30 minutes). Visits begin at 9:00 AM and end at 9:00 PM (check the information). We were there at 7:30 AM, and the huge queue composed of persons which were waiting in front of the ticket office since 6:00 AM to get the 1st tickets, has deterred us from waiting in our turn !!! In other words, the tickets of the day are already cleaned out early in the morning. After having made inquiries, we have learnt that it is not possible to get a ticket the previous day... Another information to know : Monday is closing day !

So we have given up the idea to visit the towers and we have settled for taking photos of them from the outside, by day and by night. At the rear of the twin towers, is the park "KLCC" where it is good to wander or to have a drink at one of the numerous sundecks (for example : "The Dome"). In the park, a show with water-jets comes alive every hour.

#4 Posted: 6/12/2012 - 01:44

• iskandarsuh-
    aimi

Joined Travelfish
    28th November, 2012
    Location Global Village
    Total reviews: 2
    Places visited:
    At least 11

Q:Which train line and which stop to reach the petronas towers
    A: RapidKL ( KLCC Stop)

Q: And what's the deal with the sky bridge? Is there a separate entry fee?
    A: No big deal. Just to see KL from halfway of the towers. Fee is RM80 for foreign adult ( ~ US 28). See more info here

#5 Posted: 6/12/2012 - 19:30

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.