Flag of Malaysia

Malaysia forum

Longer Term (30 days) Guesthouse Rec in Georgetown?

• kuidaore

Joined Travelfish
    23rd July, 2012

I am thinking about spending a month in Georgetown soon and would like to to ask if anyone has suggestions of low priced guesthouses with private fan rooms (shared or pref private bathroom) ...perhaps something that comes out to be around 20 ringet a night long term. I used to stay in the old SD Guesthouse down Love Lane which I really liked, and more recently a decent place (71 Travelers?) on that first street off Love running pp to Chulia. But SD is long gone and the latter was something like 40 a night. Have spent a night at the Love Lane Inn - will never return and would like to avoid similar places. Thank you for any tips :)

#1 Posted: 1/4/2013 - 06:15

• Advertisement

• captainbkk

Joined Travelfish
    16th February, 2012

the newer places mostly are only cheap in dorms. There are 3 beside in Lovelanwe- redInn, Reggae (or so) and Old penang-dorms is from 25, with AC, Brekkie etc. Nio idea if they would bargain for long stays.
    Do not prebook-there is no real need and it will cost you. Take whatever you suits on arrival- and go hunting- all along Love Lane -and more in its SIDEstreets are new places and older- go in, talk, ask. I guess your schedule is not so busy you wont have any time for that (from LLInn-turn left into the next lorong)-and around. But for GT 20 MYR/N -even for long time- for own room with Bath is very, very hard to get, I think.

#2 Posted: 1/4/2013 - 07:38

• kuidaore

Joined Travelfish
    23rd July, 2012

Thanks for the re captainbkk - I'll keep my fingers crossed if I end up taking that route, but suspect you're probably right about private options not being available at the price I'm hoping to find.

#3 Posted: 5/4/2013 - 22:49

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Longer term stay in HCMC? ... By Orfeo on 3 Jan 2010 1 869 4 Jan 2010
Longer term beach stays ... By adversecamber on 4 Sep 2007 2 1485 5 Sep 2007
Thailand 30 days or longer with this itinerary ... By Hilde_1 on 22 Jul 2014 5 829 26 Aug 2014